Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Rowe 9 posts 109 karma points
    Feb 18, 2016 @ 17:49
    Mike Rowe

The type or namespace name 'MyFirstForm' could not be found

I'm new to Umbraco and all associated technologies. It is for that reason, I find the tutorials very valuable. I have followed the instructions in the tutorial in Documentation=>Getting Started=> Code =>Creating Forms, very carefully.

I have a document called "Generic" that uses the view (GenericContactForm.cshtml) that loads the Partial View:

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

@{ Layout = null; } @using MyFirstForm.Models;

@{ Html.RenderPartial("~/Views/Partials/ContactForm.cshtml", new ContactFormViewModel()); }

However, in spite of meticulously following these directions, I get the following error when calling http://localhost/generic:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MyFirstForm' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 3: Layout = null; Line 4: } Line 5: @using MyFirstForm.Models; Line 6:
    Line 7: @{

Source File: c:\ESC_Test\ESCProject\Views\GenericContactForm.cshtml Line: 5

Thanks in advance for any help to solve this. Once corrected, I will suggest an update to the otherwise great tutorial if appropriate.

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft