Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 18:10
    Dave de Moel

Umbraco 7.4 and local IIS "Uncaught ReferenceError: LazyLoad is not defined"

Hey guys I am having a problem.

When running an umbraco 7.4 application in IIS express it runs fine, however, when I run it on Local IIS I get the following error in Google Chrome:

Uncaught ReferenceError: LazyLoad is not defined

I checked, and apparantly there should be a lazyload folder/script under /umbraco/lib but it isn't there. When I check the NuGet package "UmbracoCms.Core.7.4.1" it also doesn't contain any reference to a lazyload script, and neither does the manual download from this website.

How can I resolve this error??? Is this a bug in Umbraco 7.4? I do love 7.4 so far, hate it to be tainted by something silly like this.

• Joey Kincer 51 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 18:33
    Joey Kincer

I had this problem as well when attempting to install a new instance of Umbraco. It ended up being a file permissions issue. Once I added the correct permissions it worked OK.

The Lazyload script should be in /umbraco/lib/rgrove-lazyload

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 19:19
    Dave de Moel

Ah indeed I found the lazyload script. However, the issue persists. I tried giving IIS full control over the entire umbraco installation, but that did not work.

Some additional information, the umbraco installation is an application under a larger website, maybe that causes the issue?

enter image description here

• Joey Kincer 51 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 19, 2016 @ 21:56
    Joey Kincer

For local installations, I usually have to give full permission to IUSR and/or IIS_USERS before local projects work (at least in Win 7). My issue with this was on a remote server, which the username specific to that folder and NETWORK SERVICE needed read/write access.

It's very possible the application being a level deep could be causing path issues. Can you try setting up a new website in your IIS to see if that fixes it?

• Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Oct 04, 2016 @ 03:01
    Steve

Thanks Joey - giving full permissions to IUSR got our projects back office back up and running. Had already giving the same to IIS_USERS but that alone was not enough in this case (a full site restore). Thanks!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft