Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 142 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:49
    Andrew

Site at hostaway.co.uk runat=server forms not working

Hi all

We have an odd problem. We have setup a site at hostaway and everything works fine except for controls with a form with runat=server. Other forms work fine, umbraco works fine - just not runat=server forms?? any ideas what may be causing this?

thanks in advance

Andrew

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 02, 2010 @ 11:56
    Douglas Robar

Any chance you have a form tag inside another form tag? That'll cause problems.

Can you look at the umbracoLog table in the database? That might show an error or warning that will give you a hint what is going wrong.

You also might contact the host since it sounds like it might be unique to their setup?

cheers,
    doug.

Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:19
    Andrew

Hi Doug

Nope no forms inside forms. I fear it looks as if it is a hosting issue. now I need to try get something out of them....

Andrew

Mar 02, 2010 @ 13:48
    Andrew

any idea what clue i might give to the hosting providor? for example a contour form will try and submit and then reload not having submitted. Additionally, contour still does not recognise it has been licensed and displays "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode". I think this is related to the whole issue. This is evident on the page http://www.highlandperthshire.com/accomodation/hotels/atholl-palace.aspx (understanding that it is still in development), while http://hp.quartex.co.za/accomodation/hotels/atholl-palace.aspx (our servers) works fine, except contour is unlicensed.

very odd indeed....

Mar 02, 2010 @ 14:15
    Andrew

ok - solved it! via an errant web.config setting, which got corrupted during ftp, but enabled umbraco to work and not other controls because it was a db string that was corrupted. thanks for all the assistance

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft