Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Mar 06, 2016 @ 16:33
    Bilal Haidar

Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' or one of its dependencies.

Hi,

I've created a new Web App on Azure. Then, using FTP, I've uploaded the contents of the package UmbracoCms.7.4.1.

When I access the Uri, trying to install Umbraco, I receive the following exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Anything could be done here?

Thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 07:43
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 07:45
    Bilal Haidar

I don't even know what ModelsBuilder is.

I downloaded umbraco and extracted the files and pushed them on the FTP.

Shall I need to do something further?

Thanks

Mar 07, 2016 @ 08:07
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

If you read those links you'll know what ModelsBuilder is. It's a new feature that is shipped with Umbraco 7.4.

Somehow your install is missing some files which are required for the ModelsBuilder. You can also install it separately through NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Umbraco.ModelsBuilder/

Jeroen

Mar 07, 2016 @ 08:35
    Bilal Haidar

Thanks. I will check that.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 08, 2016 @ 14:09
    Dan Diplo

I'm quite an Umbraco veteran and I also got this error running 7.4.1. I've never seen a version of Umbraco before that when you download it doesn't run out-of-the-box and instead throws an error - which requires having to install an unspecified 3rd party Nuget package.

Mar 08, 2016 @ 14:12
    Jeroen Breuer

Hmm well Umbraco 7.4 is the first version which has a dependency other than UmbracoCms.Core and Newtonsoft.Json: https://www.nuget.org/packages/UmbracoCms/

• George 30 posts 122 karma points
    Mar 18, 2016 @ 19:31
    George

I just wanted to add to the conversation that I received the ModelsBuilder error after doing a fresh install via NuGet Package Manager. I discovered that I just had to build the web application before it would run.

I'm not sure if that was your problem, but wanted to post this for anyone else who might find this helpful.

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    May 24, 2016 @ 01:13
    dan

Anyone figure this out yet?

I too used Nuget to update my instance from 7.3 to 7.4 and noticed the error. I checked my version that came down from the package console and it was 7.4.1

I did go through the documentation for the ModelsBuilder and made sure I added the additional ModelsBuilder.Api but still made no difference.

Error: Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.ModelsBuilder

I updated again through Nuget and this time targeted the latest version of umbraco (at the time of me writing this it is 7.4.3). I rebuilt my project and still the saw the same issue.

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Jun 17, 2016 @ 13:24
    dan

I managed to get this to work by giving up on trying to upgrade my old 7.3.xx site and just copy my files into a 7.4.3 shell.

I'm sad to say I wasn't able to identify a root cause but I did I try upgrading through Nuget and a manual update. There has to be some other dependency conflict that is causing the issue with the ModelsBuilder.

• Jay Walker 10 posts 38 karma points
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 04:00
    Jay Walker

I had similar issue with an asp.net core web application. Changing to a non-core project type fixed the issue - allow I did have to disable 'LoaderLock' Exceptions in Managed Debugging.

Here are my repro steps.

Environment:

1. Windows 7 SP1 / Patched to 23-Jul-2017.
    2. IIS7.5 (7.5.7600.16385) although I don't think this is used by default umbraco install.
    3. Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise (15.2 / 26430.16).

Within Visual Studio

1. Create a 'New Project...'
    2. ASP.NET Web Application (.net framework 4.5.2)
    3. Empty Template
    4. Opened Nuget Package Manager Console (v4.2.0.2457)
    5. Install-Package UmbracoCms -Version 7.6.4

I notice that Retrieving package 'Umbraco.ModelsBuilder 3.0.7' from 'nuget.org'. is in the log

1. Readme.txt appears in main window
    2. Build / Clean Solution (Debug)
    3. Rebuild Solution (Debug) 9.F5 Run / (Dialog appears - Debugging not enabled) - select 'Modify' Web.Config to allow debugging.
    4. Website launches and install begins

At some point the VS Debugger pops up with a LoaderLock Exception. I disable this and continue and install completes successfully.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft