Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Nightingale 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 12:27
    Nick Nightingale

Load Balancing replication of App_Data folders

I have read the documentation and watched various videos on Flexible Load Balancing with replication (I am using 7.4.1). I just wanted to check the replication folders. I understand that I must exclude AppData\TEMP and AppData\umbraco.config. I can also exclude the Log folder depending on my preference (assuming that the naming does not cause clashes). What about the other folders in App_Data - cache, preview, Models, packages? I can't find any specific references to these.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 12:56
    Dave Woestenborghs

We only sync the media folder in our applications if we don't have a central store for the media files (e.g. Azure blob storage)

Dave

• Nick Nightingale 2 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 09, 2016 @ 13:40
    Nick Nightingale

Thanks for the reply. I don't have central storage hence the replication, but I think replication of other folders would be useful when publishing new partial views or surface controllers. I guess I will just treat all of App_Data as local content for now and not replicate it.

• Oriol 5 posts 77 karma points
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 12:27
    Oriol

Hi Nick!

I'm on the same case as you. How did it go? found any issue with the missing folders not being copied? There is an important publish refresh time?

I copied only the ones listed there (AppData\TEMP and AppData\umbraco.config). But then my replication tool (just check for newer files and replicates them) detects the whole time changes on App_Data\Model. Is ModelBuilder needed to be replicated each time?

/Oriol

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft