Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sorin Botezatu 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 17:35
    Sorin Botezatu

No option to select MySQL database

Hi,

I am trying to install the Umbraco CMS with MySQL and at the Step 2 database screen I do not have an option for MySQL Server. Any Ideeas.

Thank you very much.

Umbraco Version  4.0.3
    asp.net 3.5
    Windows 7 Professional

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 09, 2010 @ 11:27
    jaygreasley

hi Sorin,

That is very odd. Normally odd problems mean the first thing to check is whether your file permissions are correct as if not it can throw up some very strange issues. Try giving Network Service account full permissions to the entire Umbraco folder (and make sure it propagates down). You can always secure it properly once it is up and running.

hth

Jay

Mar 30, 2010 @ 23:02
    Sorin Botezatu

Hi Jay,

Thank yo very much for you reply. I was waiting a couple of days and nobody responded to my question. I had to move on and I installed it with MSSQL Express, not my option but I had no choice. It is working fine now and I do not know if there is a real benefit in using mysql. It is not in production yet and I could move it on mysql database. Any thoughts on this. Thank you!

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 07, 2010 @ 21:03
    jaygreasley

I don't see any problem with using SQL Express, Umbraco does not usually create a large database so the restrictions of SQL Express are not significant..

hth

/j

Apr 09, 2010 @ 18:13
    Sorin Botezatu

Thank you Jay.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft