Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 03, 2010 @ 22:19
    Ben

eHosting installation problem

Hi,

I've signed up to the eHosting silver package after reading this article...

http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/installing-v400-on-a-plesk-shared-host

I'm sure that I've done everything necessary but when in step 2/5 of the wizard, I click Install and the page posts back with no message.  It won't let me past this stage for some reason.

One possible issue that could be affecting it is that I'm running on an eHosting test domain...

http://91.102.xx.xxx/$sitepreview/liquidthinker.com/install/default.aspx?installStep=detect

Do you think it could be a problem that the install is expecting to be in the root of the web?  I can't really transfer the domain accros at the moment so I'm stuck on the test domain.

Do you think I might be on the right track?  Has anyone got any ideas?  I hope someone can help.

Thanks a lot,
    Ben

Mar 03, 2010 @ 22:44
    Ben

Ooops.  The test url didn't show up properly in my post.  Here's the path from the root...

/$sitepreview/liquidthinker.com/install/default.aspx?installStep=detect

Mar 04, 2010 @ 00:08
    Ben

Update:  Issue resolved.

It was a problem with the path.  I pointed the domain to the eHosting server and the install worked fine.

• Pagggy 28 posts 71 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 21:49
    Pagggy

I have also signed up for ehosting plan. but i  am not able to connect to databse. it failes on selection of database option in installation.

Please can you suggest which connection string did you used?

• Simon 81 posts 184 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 22:27
    Simon

Have you created the database already? You won't know the sa password for the server so won't automatically have rights to create databases. Create the database through the Plesk control panel and then use the username and password you provide, along with the server eHosting gives you once the database is created.

You can test your connection by using Microsofts SQL Server Management tools (SSMS) to connect to the eHosting database servers. From memory, there's two, one at plesk1.ehosting and one at plesk2.ehosting - don't guarantee those server names are 100% right, it's from memory.

Hope that helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft