Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Troels Larsen 9 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 05, 2010 @ 14:12
    Troels Larsen

Problems with login that has been working on fresh installed 4.0.1

Hey all

I have a working solution of umbraco running, and until today i have been able to login all the time but today i added a line in dashboard.config and uploaded that and once i wantede to log into umbraco i got the error:

The parameterized query '(@pw nvarchar(1),@login nvarchar(4000))select userLogin from umb' expects the parameter '@login', which was not supplied.

i have search the forums for help and found that others expirience this when they upgrade, i didnt upgrade i used a fresh installation så my password is hassed i suppos.. how to sort this ?

kinda a big issue for me cause i cant login and my customer cant either.

//Troels

• Troels Larsen 9 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 05, 2010 @ 14:26
    Troels Larsen

i found out i can login with all other accounts then the admin one, not that it helps cause i cant make any changes with editors. but can i change security via sql ? to get and editor acount rights to make new users ?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 05, 2010 @ 16:02
    Douglas Robar

As I recall 4.0.1 does not used hashed passwords, but I don't remember exactly when that change was made.

Even so... username/passwords are stored in the umbracoUsers table in the database and you can edit them directly if you don't have hashing turned on (assuming it's available in 4.0.1 as noted above). Just turn off hashing of passwords in the web.config, edit the uname/pword in the one database table, and log in.

Once you're logged in as admin, keep that window open in your browser. Then you can re-activate hashed passwords in the web.onfig and you can change the password in the Users section of umbraco's UI. That will update the password to its hashed version in the database and all will work normally.

cheers,
    doug.

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Mar 05, 2010 @ 16:11
    Laurence Gillian

Or if you are for using hashing, just use a known hash for the password (: /L

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft