Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matti 15 posts 35 karma points
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 00:40
    Matti

Nice URLs doesn't work in 4.0.3 on IIS7 using Integrated Pipeline

Hi,

I've just installed Umbraco 4.0.3 on my webhotel at Unoeuro running IIS 7.5. I've modified the web.config file so it should be compatible with .net 3.5 and almost everything seems to work okay.

The only thing that doesn't work is nice urls... When accessing my site via domain.dk/da it returns a HTTP/404. If I use da.aspx everything works fine..

I've searched the forums and read alot about fixing this by using wildcard mappings, but all of these threads applies to IIS6 and from what I've been told (by Unoeuro support staff), utilizing Integrated Pipeline should do the trick..

My only problem is that I've just started playing around with asp.net and umbraco so I don't fully  understand what i need to do to make it work. I did try to make a new urlrewrite rule but the error still persists..

Can anyone give me a as what to do to make this work?

I'd like to include something from the error details that puzzles me:

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification MapRequestHandler
    Handler StaticFile
    Error Code 0x80070002

Shouldn't the handler be some umbraco-module of some kind?

And yes, umbracoUseDirectoryUrls is set to true ;)

Best Regards

Matti

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 02:19
    Paul Blair

have you set a domain under "manage hostnames"?

Failing try reading my post on flat URL's to see if you've missed anything:

http://blog.fairlieagile.co.nz/2009/5/24/setting-up-a-new-umbraco-project

In particular steps 5 & 6.

Cheers

Paul

Mar 08, 2010 @ 10:00
    Matti

Hostnames are set, yes. I've added runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="True" to web.config but sadly no effect.. I still get the 404.. Setting usingDomainPrefixes to true didn't help either..

Take a look at http://www.adrenalinkick.dk/da to see what i mean.. I'm not sure if the integrated pipeline stuff works at all?!

Matti

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 10:03
    Fredrik Esseen

Check with Unoeuro if integrated really is running. I had the exact same problem with my webhotel and when they checked integrated was not running. After that all ran smoothly :)

Mar 08, 2010 @ 11:18
    Matti

It turns out that the fault was at Umbraco :) Thanks for the hint :D

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 08, 2010 @ 11:27
    Douglas Robar

When you change the setting to use (or stop using) directory urls you need to publish your content pages again so that umbraco will re-calculate the URLs based on your new settings.

The easiest way to do this is right-click each top-most content node in your site (typically your homepage) and select the 'Publish' menu. Tick the 'include children' box and all pages below the selected page will be published as well. If you have a lot of nodes this can take a few moments to process them all.

Note that the 'Republish entire site' menu does something else and does not recalculate the URLs (though it won't hurt anything).

cheers,
    doug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft