Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kresten Banke 36 posts 56 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 20:39
    Kresten Banke

3.5 web.config

Hi,

I'm tryiing to update my web.config to the 3.5 config file found on codeplex. Web.config file to use with .NET 3.5+ (Recommended default)

I use the 4.0.3 release.

What I do:

• insert my server pw etc on the "umbracoDbDSN"
    • insert a connectionstring
    • remove the connectionstring where it says "remove for beta" in order not to have two connectionstrings

I get the error: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.

What do I do wrong?

Hope you can help!

-Kresten

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 20:51
    jaygreasley

Have you updated the file permissions on the web.config after you copy it over? Give full permissions to Network Service (or other accout depending on OS).

hth

Jay

Mar 24, 2010 @ 21:18
    Kresten Banke

How do I do that? In the web.config? (where?)

Thanks for your reply!

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 23:01
    jaygreasley

no, in Windows Explorer. Right click on the web.config, Properties and make sure your service account is given full permissions.

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 08:38
    Petr Snobelt

You must have full trust on your hosting.

Mar 25, 2010 @ 17:26
    Kresten Banke

Jay: I have checked that all users (groups) have full permission. The settings are the same for both the new web.config and for the old one which is working.

Petr: Since one web-config is working, can it be an access issues on the host?

• Daniel Horn 319 posts 344 karma points
    Mar 27, 2010 @ 11:48
    Daniel Horn

Where are you hosting? :-)

• sukumarraju 22 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 28, 2010 @ 20:40
    sukumarraju

I do get similar exception and it seems very little / matured help you get on these forums unfortunately.

I did not sleep all saturday night to install Umbraco 4.0.3 using Windows Web Installer (www.microsoft.com/web

At last manged to get this installed. But during Permissions step I get exception similar to yours saying 'permissions problem on

.\css

.\Data etc.

Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:12
    Kresten Banke

@ Daniel: I'm hosting at unoeuro.com - but again, should it matter since my previous web.config is working?

I have full trust on the folders - set by unoeuro:

bin
    config
    css
    data
    media
    umbraco
    usercontrols
    xslt

@ Sukumarraju: Please let me know, if you find out how you managed to go through the permission step ;-)

Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:17
    Daniel Horn

@kresten yeah - because you need full trust on the server. I havent tried to install the latest at unoeuro. Which webconfig were you using before?

Tried to give the error to the support at unoeuro? They use to be nice to help out :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kresten

Maybe you should ask the support at unoeuro about this issue. I suspect that it might has to with your umbraco not running in an application pool that is set to "integrated" in managed pipeline mode.

As far as I have understood from reading the guidelines for using the web.config for ASP.NET 3.5 the application pool must be set to "integrated" mode - your site is probably runninc in "classic" mode.

To find out I think you'll have to make a support ticket for the nice people a unoeuro :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:44
    Kresten Banke

Hi,

Thanks for your replies! I have posted a support note to my hosting company, and will await their reply.

Hope that helps :-)

Thanks!

-Kresten

Mar 29, 2010 @ 00:48
    Daniel Horn

Cool - if they reply it could be nice to know if it works @ unoeuro or if it's a big hurdle to install it there.

Mar 29, 2010 @ 01:23
    Kresten Banke

Hi,

I found out that when changing the trust settings on the host, some changes are made to the web.config as well. I therefore had to add/replace the following section to the 3.5 web.config:

<!-- Sitemap provider-->
        <siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>
        <trust level="Full" />
      </system.web>

Now the site doesn't crash anymore - But now I can't log in on the umbraco back-end...

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 02:04
    Evan Jardine

Hi Kresten

On a few of my sites I had to modify the UsersMembership provider;

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" 
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" />

and include passwordFormat="Hashed" then I could login to the back-end again;

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" 
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" 
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers

Evan

Mar 29, 2010 @ 15:22
    Kresten Banke

Hi Evan - Perfect! That did the job. I also use the "UmbracoMembershipProvider", so I added the passwordFormat="Hashed" to that line as well.

So: Here are the steps to make it work (for me at least ;-) :

What I did:

• insert my server pw etc on the "umbracoDbDSN"
    • insert a connectionstring
    • remove the connectionstring where it says "remove for beta" in order not to have two connectionstrings
    • Insert <trust level ="Full" /> on the siteMap provider tag
    • Had the host changed to "application pool integrated" - whatever that means...
    • Insert passwordFormat="Hashed" on the UserMembershipProvider
    • Insert passwordFormat="Hashed" on the UmbracoMembershipProvider (since I use the umbracoMembership package)

This did the job...

Thank you all for you help!!!

Regards

Kresten

• Andres Tenjo 35 posts 55 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 18:45
    Andres Tenjo

I'm getting many errors like... Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.InvalidOperationException: Multiple nodes with the same URL '/my-folder-list/test-test-(2).aspx' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs. at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

with this configuraton: 

<!-- Sitemap provider-->
        <siteMap defaultProvider="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoSiteMapProvider" type="umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider" defaultDescriptionAlias="description" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>
        <trust level="Full" />
      </system.web>

Some Ideas about that ? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft