Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Raquel 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 22:03
    Raquel

error: no such host is known

i'm getting this error and i think i tried everything i don't know what to do

if anyone could help me i'd appreciate that A LOT!!!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 22:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Raquel

Where are you trying to install Umbraco? Is it on a server that you control? Or is it on a hosted environment through an FTP account for instance?

Or is it an installation on your local machine? Are you installing it through the web platform installer?

Please provide us with some more information so it's easier for us to help you out :-)

/Jan

Mar 23, 2010 @ 23:52
    Raquel

sorry, hehe

well, is on a  hosted environment, (easycgi) i already tried using the WPI but i had no luck, i looked for any documentation that could be usefull and try almost everything with the same results...i found a guide for installing umbraco with mysql, it says i have to change some info in web.config document, so i did it then it says i have to modify permissions in some directories and in case of getting some error, upload some dll´s to bin directory. I already did all that and i get the same error...

i hope its clear enough and that my english is clear as well!!!

Mar 24, 2010 @ 00:00
    Raquel

what hosting service could you recommend for umbraco? maybe that's  the problem  cause i was reading that  <securityPolicy> node must be  <fullTrust name="full" /> and no all servers have this configuration...

thanks again!

Mar 24, 2010 @ 00:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Raquel

That's allright - just needed to get some more info.

I think you need to contact the hosting company and ask them for some help. I think this might be server-realted...but I'm not sure. But it's worh a try I think.

btw: As long as you still have an issue the topic has not been solved so I really can't take the credit for solving your problem since it still exits. But hopefully I can help you toward a solution :-)

/Jan

Mar 24, 2010 @ 00:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi again

Well actually Umbraco can now run using medium trust, thanks to Benjamin Howarth.

You can get this version of Umbraco right here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-403-medium-trust

/Jan

Mar 24, 2010 @ 00:19
    Raquel

ooohh!! :O it's good to know cause i think i filled with trouble tickets the easycgi support inbox :) ok thanks for the tip, i'll let you know how it ended.

Mar 24, 2010 @ 16:00
    Raquel

Hi again!! i downloaded the medium trust version but when i opened the web.config i did not find where to change the database layer, i'm using mysql does any body knows how to do it?

thanks!

Mar 24, 2010 @ 16:45
    Raquel

i keep getting  this message in the stack trace:

[SocketException (0x2af9): No such host is known]
    System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name) +471
    System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6) +121
    System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress) +109
    MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetHostEntry(String hostname) +92
    MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStream(UInt32 timeout) +355
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +219

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.]
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() +305
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) +47
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() +23
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() +76
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() +185
    MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +65
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\datalayer\SqlHelpers\MySql\MySqlHelper.cs:81
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\datalayer\SqlHelper.cs:240

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
    umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\datalayer\SqlHelper.cs:244
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.setupUser(Int32 ID) +132
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.User..ctor(Int32 ID) +101
    umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.GetUser(Int32 id) +88
    umbraco.content.LoadContentFromDatabase(Boolean loadDocuments) +84
    umbraco.content.LoadContent() +94
    umbraco.content.get_XmlContentInternal() +81
    umbraco.content.get_XmlContent() +76
    umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +887
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +8694814
    System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +282

I'm really stuck :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft