Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• curlybub 133 posts 107 karma points
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 07:50
    curlybub

Umrbaco 4.0.3 + Cassini Web Server

Hi,

I just downloaded version 4.0.3 of umbraco to try its latest features and other newly created packages as well. However during the installation, I keep on getting the same error. It says:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Configuration Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    Parser Error Message: Child nodes not allowed.
    Source Error: 

Line 142:    <compilers>
    Line 143:      <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" warningLevel="4" type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    Line 144:        <providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
    Line 145:        <providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/>
    Line 146:      </compiler>

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Umbraco_4.0.3_WebDeploy\umbraco\web.config    Line: 144 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I replaced the original web.config from the umbraco web ready zip to the .net 3.5 recommended web.config already. I also tried to change 3.5 to 2 and it still doesn't work. Hoping that you can heklp me solve my problem.

Thank you.

P.S. Im trying to install umbraco on Microsoft Virtual PC on windows XP.

Regards,
    Harry

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft