Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Athar 9 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 01:06
    Athar

unable to find database

Hi, 

I have downloaded the Umbraco latest version (4.0.3) and I am just wondering that where is the database file for this project. I am trying to open this solution file in the VS 2008 and its build te project successfully. but when I run the project its gave me some sort of connection error which it suppose to be because I didn't find any database in the source code? 

could be please guide me to the right way. 

thanks 

Athar

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 09:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

If you just want to install Umbraco to start creating a website, there's no need to download the full source and build the project. Please have a look at the Codeplex page for the downloadable release ("recommended download") and installation guides. The installation is even easier through the Web Platform Installer (make sure not to install umbraco in a virtual directory though!).

Apr 05, 2010 @ 15:11
    Athar

thanks for your reply, 

I want play around with the source code and make some changes and implement some more features based on the req. so in this case how can I browse/build the source code from the VS? 

Athar

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2010 @ 17:28
    Sebastiaan Janssen

First of all, if you really need to change the functionality of Umbraco, I would strongly recommend you using the eventHandlers in Umbraco itself, instead of changing the source code.

However, if you absolutely insist that there's no other way for you to do what you want to do (and you know that you will not be able to upgrade your umbraco version), then I would suggest this: Do a normal Umbraco install and use that database. Also, When you have a new build, overwrite the output of your custom build over the existing Umbraco install.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 00:11
    Athar

thanks for the reply and your suggestion for not changing in the code, 

well im getting this error any idean how to get fixed this error, as this is the table which is missing. there is not database in my sqlserver 2008 so its get downloaded? 

Apr 20, 2010 @ 00:12
    Athar

I am getting this error 

Invalid object name 'umbracoUser'.

Apr 20, 2010 @ 16:24
    Athar

is there anyone who could help me to solve this problem?  im not be able to access the database  I dont know how can I get the umbraco cms database and this should be included in the code.

look forward to hear about this .

• Bart van der Werf 5 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 22:52
    Bart van der Werf

Hi Athar. It looks like your database doesn't contain any Umbraco tables. Try removing the appsetting value for umbracoConfigurationStatus in your web.config. That forces the installation wizard to restart.

Regards, Bart

Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:51
    Athar

there is no value for the umbracoConfigurationStatus key in the appsetting tag of the web.config file. i did tried to deleted the key and still its gave me the same error. I dont understand this database thing as other cms have the database file with the source code but umbraco does not.

I tried on the other computer and encounter the same problem.

my enviromnent is having vs2008, sqlserver 2008, .net version 2 and IIS 5.1 ,

looking forward to hear.

Athar

• Brian Manning 22 posts 43 karma points
    Apr 23, 2010 @ 19:29
    Brian Manning

Have you run the installer? I could be wrong, but I believe the umbracoConfigurationStatus key gets set when that runs.

• erwin 3 posts 22 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 11:32
    erwin

I have come accross this same problem. The installer said it was installed succesfully but it did not actually create any tables. Id DID create the umbraco database. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Excerpt from my Web.config:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="datalayer=SqlServer;server=.\sqlexpress;database=umbraco;user id=umbracouser;password=umbraco" />
        <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

• Björn Jönsson 37 posts 58 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 14:29
    Björn Jönsson

Hello Athar!

If you try to follow just the MsSql server configuration steps in the following link:

http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-30-on-windows-xp/configure-sql-server-2005-express

And otherwise follow this link when it is time for Umbraco:

http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-4-on-localhost---simplified

I have done this variant my self for a localhost installation and it works fine (even though i run MsSql Server 2005 Express).

Best of Luck

--Björn

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft