Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris 69 posts 92 karma points
    Apr 09, 2010 @ 07:30
    chris

http error 500

I have umbraco 4.0.2.1, win 2008 with sql 2008. This installation used to work until yesterday. I'm not sure what causes this, since IIS7 log doesn't seem to show anything critical. The error is http 500 unhandled exception. I'm not sure where to start. Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the dump:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.]
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +5314029
       sidebar.ProcessRSS(String rssURL, String feed) +23
       sidebar.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +27
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
  • Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 09, 2010 @ 08:53
    Dirk De Grave

Sounds like there's an issue with a package that is trying to load an rss feed from a remote server that returns an error. Any idea what package and rss feed is being requested?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Apr 09, 2010 @ 21:19
    chris

I don't have any packages or any rss feed. It's a small static site. Where else to look?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Apr 09, 2010 @ 22:15
    Peter Dijksterhuis

By default, there is no such thing as ProcessRSS present in the umbraco source.

So, it must be something outside umbraco. If you have no packages installed, do you have any usercontrols or macro's running?

HTH,

Peter

Apr 12, 2010 @ 18:02
    chris

There is a usercontrol, blog.aspcx, and a reference to a sidebar. I don't see any sidebar file in the usercontrol folder. This could be the cause, I'll see if I can remove it from the reference.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft