Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rit 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 14:21
    rit

Installing A Project and Implementing

Hi All,

[Umbraco 4]

Please excuse my naivety as I am jumping in at the deep end a little but I have installed Umbraco to play with and explore... and all is working great.

I am reading through documentation to get to grips with the application but think that a real example would help me pick up Umbraco quicker...

I have just installed the following project within my Umbraco admin:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/insert-video-(flowplayer)

Could anyone provide me with a quick bullet point list of steps to actually start implementing a video file on a page?

I totally understand that this project was probably written for the more experienced which is why it doesn't come with steps already.

Many thanks,

Rit

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 14:33
    dandrayne

Hi Rit

Apologies if the project isn't well documented enough for beginners.  The steps u need are as follows:

1. Install the package via the developer section
    2. Still in the developer section, find the new macro inside the macros folder and click to edit it
    3. Make sure the "use in editor" box is checked
    4. Now in the rich text editor, click the "insert macro" button and choose our new insert video macro
    5. Select the height and width, and the flv video file from the media library

And that should be that.  Post back if you continue to have issues.

Dan

• rit 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 18, 2010 @ 22:37
    rit

Thanks for your advice Dan, it much appreciated.

Its my fault totally, I am jumping in at the deep end due to time constraints.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft