This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sukumarraju 22 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 12:38
    sukumarraju

Umbraco Pro 4.0.3 - multiple websites - domain issue

Hi there,

I like to know how the Umbraco usage is expected such a way

Question

one installation of Umbraco can hold different web sites and when you publish on to IIS the domain name is an issue because the domain name is going to be different for each web site.

Should I buy separate license for each website, so that i can deploy to dedicated to server/domain name?

Thanks,

• Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:33
    Ove Andersen

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the best practice is to have as few websites per Umbraco installations as possible.
    I.e. only create websites for different language versions of your website.

This also means having one database per Umbraco installation.

• sukumarraju 22 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:35
    sukumarraju

Hi Ove,

Thanks for your response.

I like to use same installation to develop different websites regard less of language, note that it is the website side I am looking for not the same website with different language.

To make it clear, I like to utilise same installation of Umbraco Pro to develop/implement different websites. But the issue is that does Umbraco Pro allows us to publish these (different) websites to different domain names?

Example:- Two website nodes in Umbraco, say Node A: Website A AND Node B: Website B 

when both the websites are published on IIS(same) is it feasible to configure to use Website A to use Domain WebsiteA.com and website B's domain as WebsiteB.COM?

Let me know , so that i can try to make it clearer.

Regards,

• Stephen 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 20:54
    Stephen

I realize this post is 2 months old but just in case.

Did you add the hostnames of each site?

i have a similar setup, if I understand you.

In the content section right click Node A: Website A and select Manage Hostnames, enter websiteA.com

do the same for Node B: Website B

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft