Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Boby 20 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 19:19
    Boby

Empty trees after duplicating umbraco 4.0.3 site installation (Win 20003 / MySql)

Hi,

I'm trying to duplicate an umbraco installation (Win 2003 / MySql 5) on to another server (same configuration) using the below steps: 

- Copied umbraco installation folder and set permissions.
    - Did and export/import of the MySql 5 database using HeidiSql.

Now I have stumbled upon this strange issue: 

I'm able to browse the site, I'm able to login as admin, but here's the issue: all nodes have disappeared from every section - Content, Media, members, etc.

Wondering if anyone has got any clue on why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Boby

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 27, 2010 @ 21:18
    Kim Andersen

Hi Boby

Maybe this will not help at all, but could you try to republish the entire site? You know, right-clicking the Content-node in the Content-section, and choose the Republish entire site-option.

/Kim A

Apr 27, 2010 @ 22:48
    Boby

Thanks Kim, I had tried that earlier, but didn't help.

Apr 28, 2010 @ 08:45
    Kim Andersen

Okay. Could you try to look into the Umbraco log and see if you get any errors in there? This could maybe guide someone to the problem.

/Kim A

Apr 28, 2010 @ 12:26
    Boby

No errors logged in umbracolog. The debug messages show that the republishing completes successfully.

Apr 28, 2010 @ 12:33
    Boby

Ah wait, the log actually shows this error:

At /umbraco/tree.aspx?rnd=e42df728-3fcf-481b-be79-fa974fbc9d10&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false (Referred by: http://localhost/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx): System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\njg03fnt.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
       at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.SerializableData.Serialize(Object objDeserialized, Type objectType) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\Utils\SerializableData.cs:line 43
       at umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.XmlTree.ToString() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\Trees\XmlTree.cs:line 73
       at umbraco.cms.presentation.tree.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\tree.aspx.cs:line 52
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:line 287
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Apr 28, 2010 @ 12:53
    Boby

Found the problem. Turns out that this was a permissions issue - Network Service (or whichever user umbraco application is running as) was lacking modify previlage on %windir%\Temp folder (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ in my case)

Thanks Kim for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

P.S - can someone mark this post as solved, as I'm unable to thus mark my own post.

Apr 28, 2010 @ 18:10
    Kim Andersen

You are welcome. I had the same problem in one of my earlier projects, so I thought that it could be something lika that. Glad you figuered it out :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft