Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eddie Foreman 215 posts 288 karma points
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 00:37
    Eddie Foreman

Install dev site to another localhost

Hi All

This is the first site that I have developed in Umbraco, and can say that I'm impressed.  I now seem to have come to a bit of a stubbling block.  The site has been developed on my laptop under Win 7, IIS and SQL express 2005.  To enabled the clinet to review the work, I've been asked to move the development work to another laptop running Win XP, IIS5 and SQL express 2008.  I've spent several hours at attempting to make the transfer but get repeated errors, either no connection to the database or the user is not recognised. 

At present, I've deleted all my previous attempts and will start again.  I was hoping to get a guide on how to attempt the transfer.  So far my attempts have involved creating a bak file and zipped all of the umbraco files including the web.config. From here, I've created a new database on the destination laptop and created a new database by restoring the bak file (I believe this is the right approach)  I've then unzipped the file to the wwwroot folder and atempted to login.  This is about as far as I get. 

I would be greatful if someone could provide an outline on what I need to do. So that I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks in advice

Eddie

• Eddie Foreman 215 posts 288 karma points
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 09:41
    Eddie Foreman

Hi All

Success, have managed to make the transfer.  ;-)   Next question, how do I mark this thread as resolved? 

Thanks

Eddie 

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 30, 2010 @ 09:50
    Dirk De Grave

You can't mark you own answer as the solution... too bad, still, would be great to get your feedback on how you've resolved it, so others can benefit from it!

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft