Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lingjing 28 posts 45 karma points
    May 04, 2010 @ 05:31
    lingjing

Problem with installing Umbraco 4.0.3

Hi. All. I am trying to install Umbraco 4.0.3. when I browse the website, it goes to the initial installing page. However, after I click "Next", it goes nowhere but stay in the same page. Can anyone give me idea how to fix it?

Thanks

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 04, 2010 @ 10:39
    Dirk De Grave

Hi lingjing,

Can you give some feedback on how you've installed umbraco? Most of common installation problems are due to permission settings...

Looking forward to your info.

Cheers,

/Dirk

May 04, 2010 @ 23:02
    lingjing

Hi Dirk

I followed the standard process of installing umbraco. I copied the umbraco files and checked the permission for "Network Service". In the IIS, I used classic App pool. The only thing I can think of is that we did not have SQL Server installed on the server. Hope that help you.

Thanks

• Sean Thompson 14 posts 34 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 19:48
    Sean Thompson

Are you installing locally or on a live server? Setting up the database for each are different. Let me know which you are doing.

May 06, 2010 @ 23:20
    lingjing

Hi Sean

I am installing umbraco on a live windows server 2008. There is no SQL Server installed on that server. I followed the steps in the installation documenet, copyed the umbraco files, set the permission for "Network service", setup a website in IIS 7 using classic app pool. However, when I try to install umbraco in the IE, it displayed the first page but it stays in that page after I clicked the "next" buttom.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft