Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darryl Godden 145 posts 197 karma points
    May 04, 2010 @ 15:26
    Darryl Godden

Configuration Error on FormsAuth and Admin Section

Hi all,

I have a problem on my website, when clicking login, on my login page, and trying to login to the admin section (in /umbraco/umbraco.aspx) I am presented with this error page:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Request failed.

Source Error: 

Line 102:           <providers>
    Line 103:               <clear/>
    Line 104:             <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" passwordFormat="Hashed"/>
    Line 105:                <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"/>
    Line 106:           </providers>

Source File: d:\domains\birmingham-multicare.org\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 104 

I had the same with the umbracoRoleProvider until I set it to false, however I may need to now find a solution to this problem as I obviously need to login to the back end and the forms auth allows users to update the site through user controls, so that needs to work too.

Thanks,

Darryl

May 04, 2010 @ 17:32
    Darryl Godden

If anyone has looked at this and is struggling to understand what I am saying, go to:

http://www.birmingham-multicare.org/

And click the @2010 Birmingham Multi-Care link at the bottom of the page, then put anything you want in the log-in box and click to log-in, there is the error.

The button is tied to a standard ASP.NET login:

protected void OnAuthenticate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (Membership.ValidateUser(UserName.Text, Password.Text))
            {
                FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(UserName.Text, false);
                Response.Redirect("/admin.aspx");
            }
            else
            {
                messages.Text = "Your username and/or password were not recognised, please try again.";
            }
        }

Hopefully this will help people help me solve this problem!!

Thanks.

May 05, 2010 @ 09:49
    Darryl Godden

No one has any ideas? Damn Drobar for being on holiday :)

Guess I'll try re-installation...

• Ian Smedley 97 posts 192 karma points
    May 06, 2010 @ 13:23
    May 06, 2010 @ 13:57
    Darryl Godden

Looks like it is set to medium and initial indications are they are unwilling to change it.

Anyone know a shared, full-trust hoster in the UK?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft