Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• slemmebirk 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 17:47
    slemmebirk

Umbraco not working on new domain

Hi,

I am fairly new to the umbraco platform and until today it has been a pleasant experience. I’ve been working on a website, which is currently running on a sub domain on the company’s server. Everything is working fine, when I access umbraco I can edit my content and publish it. Today we completed the testing of the website and the client moved their domain to our server, we then created a new application for the new domain. I uploaded all of the files to new application and it is still running on the same MSSQL server and database as the application on the sub domain. The application on the sub domain is still working fine (users can register, I can edit the content from Umbraco). On the new domain though, no content is visible from the cms system at all, I can’t even add more content, while on the front end all the content shows but users are still unable to register or login.

Umbraco cms from the subdomain:

Umbraco cms from the new domain

I hope you will be able to help me solve this problem.

Best regards
    Alexander Hansen

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 10, 2010 @ 17:53
    Tom Fulton

Are you using the same web.config from the subdomain's installation?  Check to make sure they are both pointing to the same/correct Data Source in the web.config file

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    May 10, 2010 @ 18:59
    jaygreasley

Hi there,

Have you tried a republish of all content? 

Also, make sure the ntfs permissions are correct.

Finally, make sure the app pool is correct

hth

Jay

May 10, 2010 @ 19:51
    slemmebirk

@Tom Fulton
    I am using the extact same files on both application, including the web.config. I recently downloaded everything from the subdomain and put on the new domain just to be sure, still not working though.

@jaygreasley
    As i mentioned there is no content visible in the umbraco cms for the new domain. When i right click on content i get an empty gray box. No options at all, it's the same for settings, developer etc. I am no longer in the office but i will definitely check out the permessions tomorrow morning.

Also thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated! 

May 11, 2010 @ 10:38
    slemmebirk

@Jaygreasley

We checked the permissions and even though they were exactly the same as the one on the subdomain which is working fine. We changed them up a bit on the new domain and now everything is running smoothly. Thank you :).

May 11, 2010 @ 12:06
    jaygreasley

my pleasure :)

• Arnt Grøstad 29 posts 49 karma points
    May 12, 2010 @ 10:54
    Arnt Grøstad

Hi.
    I've seem to have the same problem. Just released a site over to the production server. The site shows jsut fine with all it's conentent.
    But when loggin in to Umbraco CMS as Admin, I have nothing showing in the content tree. Not in Media, Setting, Developer and so on....
    The site is hostet at active24.com (third party asp), so I have no direct access to the server it self. But I can probably call the Webmaster and tell him/her what to do, if I only know what the issue is :)

Please help :)
    Thanks

May 12, 2010 @ 11:27
    jaygreasley

Hi there,

You need to get them to give full control of the Umbraco folders to the Service account used by your Application Pool. Make sure they cascade the changes down rather than just on the top level folders.

hth

Jay

• Arnt Grøstad 29 posts 49 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 13:22
    Arnt Grøstad

Thanks Jay. I should fetch this by reading the Installation manual more carefully. But thanks for the answer :)
    Let's just hope that the ASP provider can get to work an give the user som fair rights :)

• curlybub 133 posts 107 karma points
    May 25, 2010 @ 05:28
    curlybub

Hi guys

How did you make umbraco work on a subdomain? I recently install umbraco in a folder /drafts and created a subdomain, so I access umbraco at drafts.mydomain.com. The installation runs smoothly and I included runaway as an initial website and republished all the nodes. But when I try to access draft.mydomain.com it doesn't work, it shows the umbraco page that says no nodes found. /config/splashes/noNodes.aspx.

How can I make this work? And what will I do in-order to transfer it to the main domain?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

• TimNape 12 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 09:18
    TimNape

I had excluded all webservices files from the project inorder to compile in Visual studio -

- project compiled and ran in visual studio but the node tree in the backend disappered.

- including the files to the project resolved the problem.

- I will have to switch between including and excluding the files for debuging.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft