Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Bowers 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 12, 2010 @ 06:02
    Richard Bowers

3-Tier Install - DB Server, Application Server(s) and Web Server(s)

Hello,

The company I work for has a current production environment which has a central DB server, several application servers and several web servers.

For security, our web servers only have access to the application servers, which in turn can access the DB servers.

Can UMBRACO be installed in a 3-tier model separating out an application layer from the web servers?

Many thanks,

Richard

• Justin D. 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 18:49
    Justin D.

This is also something that I am very interested in learning about.

• Justin D. 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 10, 2010 @ 18:43
    Justin D.

I'm guessing no...

• K Tate 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 19:54
    K Tate

This is something I would like to know as well. Does anyone have any documentation on this? 

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 21:49
    Aaron Powell

Umbraco is a content management system, and to manage the content it requires access to  a database.

The only way to achieve what you want is via a product that the company I work for is developing called Snapshot: http://farmcode.org/post/2010/05/18/Introducing-Snapshot.aspx

• Richard Bowers 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 24, 2010 @ 22:05
    Richard Bowers

Slace,

Thanks for the post, but not what I was looking for.  I would like to maintain the functionality of a CMS, but wanted to know if it was possible to configre the deployment to conform our security requirements (maintaining a Database but not directly accessed via the web server).

Does anyone know of any software like a database proxy service?

Thanks,

Richard

• Abhishek 11 posts 52 karma points
    Nov 12, 2015 @ 12:07
    Abhishek

Hi All,

I have started using Umbraco 7 and observed that same above issue, where I now I need to split my project into a three layered. For security, our web servers only have access to the application servers, which in turn can access the DB servers.

Please let me know is this possible?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft