Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Mulcock 26 posts 48 karma points
    May 14, 2010 @ 10:57
    Graham Mulcock

Can't install packages - permissions issue

I've been working with Umbraco for a week or two and want to install a downloaded package. Having first got the error that read/write access to the data/packages/installed folder was denied, I fixed the XP system permissions to allow access. Now I'm getting this error when clicking on Install Local Package. Any clues....?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.]
       System.IO.__Error.WriterClosed() +57
       System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder) +7473736
       System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush() +11
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Settings.HasFileAccess(Exception& exp) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Packager\Settings.cs:63
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\developer\Packages\installer.aspx.cs:30
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:287
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 14, 2010 @ 11:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

What permissions did you set? Generally, I just set write permissions for my application pool user on everything in my whole dev folder so that security problems are not an issue on my dev machine.

• Graham Mulcock 26 posts 48 karma points
    May 14, 2010 @ 12:34
    Graham Mulcock

Many thanks, setting the permissions on the whole project folder fixed it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft