Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darryl Godden 145 posts 197 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 17:35
    Darryl Godden

Host Not Available on Installation

Hi All,

Got a strange one. I'm installing Umbraco, like I have before, for a new website, I get to step 2/5 (Database Configuration) which takes ages to refresh and when it does I get:

Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved. 

Try the following:
    • Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. This may have been a one-time error.
    If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk. 

Technical Information (for support personnel)
    • Error Code 1460: Timeout
    • Background: The gateway could not receive a timely response from the website you are trying to access, a DNS server, or another gateway server. This might indicate that the network is congested or that the website is experiencing technical difficulties.
    • Date: 17/05/2010 15:36:02
    • Server: grpisafw01.necgroup.lan
    • Source: Firewall

Appreciate this may be server (firewall) but would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

• Darryl Godden 145 posts 197 karma points
    May 17, 2010 @ 19:45
    Darryl Godden

Solved, I'd inadvertently edited the umbraco.config file using Wordpad, this causes problem in the error reporting of WS 2003 (causing lots of DW20.exe entries in the Task Manager) solution is to end the tasks and copy a clean version of umbraco.config over the 'corrupted' one.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft