Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 17, 2010 @ 21:16
    Ismail Mayat

IIS7 localhost speed issues

Hello,

I am working on umbraco 4.0.3 site.  The database is on development server, there are two copies of the site one on dev and one that i am working on locally.  I do stuff locally check in via svn and deploy to dev using cruise control.  All was working fine till this morning.  The issue i am having is when i hit my site locally it runs extremely slow takes about a miniute to load a page in the backend.  Opening the same page on dev server is fine.  

The dev server is running iis6 and my laptop is win7 iis7 in classic mode.  I also have other sites setup in the same manner and they work fine.  I suspect though could be wrong that for this site in iis7 something is not setup correctly hence the speed issue.  At first I thought it was maybe datatypes i am using however i would expect dev site to be slow as well which it is not.  Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks

Ismail

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    May 17, 2010 @ 21:28
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Ismail,

Has anything been added to the local build that hasn't been checked into the CC-generated dev site? Also the usual suspects - app pool on local running more sites, local SQL Server running with less memory, etc. etc.

Best,

Benjamin

• Markus Klug 5 posts 101 karma points
    May 23, 2010 @ 10:22
    Markus Klug

When you are using  Firefox or Chrome, you might experience a known issue that these are slow on "localhost" when IPv6 is enabled.

More info here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1726585/firefox-and-chrome-slow-on-localhost-known-fix-doesnt-work-on-windows-7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft