Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• callen 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 02:00
    callen

have problem install umbraco using the Web Platform Installation can't get pass step 2

Hey Guys,

I'm new to Umbraco and I am having problem get it install on my localhost. I am using the Web Platform Installation and can't get pass step 2. When I tell it to create a Database, I get a Error that say this "The following error occurred when trying to connect to the database by using the specified parameters: Login failed for user 'sa'. Can somebody tell me how to get pass this step. Also, im using window 7.

thanks

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 03:27
    Chris Dunn

Try reseting your sa password for ms sql express to see if that works.  Then try the installer again using the new password.  Sounds like the password is incorrect or for some reason sa does not have access to the database.  Check the permissions on the database or that sa is actually a sysadmin.

Reseting password : http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/12/29/sql-server-change-password-of-sa-login-using-management-studio/

-Chris

May 19, 2010 @ 02:59
    callen

Hey Chris, 

it still said unable to connect to the database. Is there any tutorial on how to set up the database?

thank you,

Curtis Allen

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 03:37
    arviman

Hey Curtis, I'm pretty new to umbraco as well. I found it easier to install from the .zip file rather than the installer.

Simply extract the contents to the root of iis. Then, in the web.config file, search for "umbracoDbDSN", and change the key such as

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=.\sqlexpress;database=umbraco;user id=yourid;password=yourpass" />

After that, right click on the root folder, go to security tab.

Create a new user named "NETWORK SECURITY", and grant him full access.

You'll be all set :-)

May 19, 2010 @ 03:48
    callen

Chris,

one more thing. Is this the right steps to create database for umbraco?

Create the Database

• Open SQL Server Management Studio
    • Select your desired server from the drop-down list and connect
    • Expand the tree on the left-hand side so you can see “Databases”
    • Right-click on "Databases"
    • Select “New Database”
    • In the "Database Name" field enter a name for your database and click OK. For this example, I entered “DNN453”
    • You now have an empty database called DNN453

May 20, 2010 @ 03:19
    callen

Hey arviman

when I try to go to it on my localhost I get this "HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error".  What can i do to get past this?

thanks for all the help.

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    May 20, 2010 @ 03:34
    Chris Dunn

Except for the database name DNN*** (DotNetNuke?)  Just kidding :)

You will need to make sure the correct security is assigned to the database and that sql server is setup for windows and sql authentication (mixed Mode).  The user you access the database with must have db_datareader, db_datawriter,db_owner,public access to the database.

Download the install guide for vista from codeplex for the complete instructions on setting security.  

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/33743

-Chris

May 21, 2010 @ 04:07
    callen

Thanks Chris, I'll try it out. 

May 21, 2010 @ 04:15
    callen

will this install guide work for window 7. Anybody have any information about installing umbraco on a window 7?

May 21, 2010 @ 04:44
    callen

Hey Chiris,

When I try to install it on my local host all I get is this http://aspdotdemosite.com/ 

Can you tell me what i am doing wrong.

thank you,

Curtis Allen

May 27, 2010 @ 02:13
    callen

Hey Guys,

i final got the the local host intall screen to show up, but i can't get the database to connect. when i try to connect to the database , umbraco say this "Could not save the web.config file. Please modify the connection string manually. An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\lvoho-6n.tmp' is denied. (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\web.config)". I looked a the config file, but everything looks ok. Can anybody help me.

May 27, 2010 @ 04:58
    callen

hey guys,

thanks for all the help. I finally got it install on my local host

• rainbow 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 00:21
    rainbow

Hi Guys

I would like to get some advices from the Umbraco users. I tried to install Umbraco into my local laptop with window7 ,no matter how I still fail to go through the step2 . I really don't know why the installation issue here because I a newbie of this Web application module.Hopefully can get some instruction from teamto help me on this .  

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Using cached file at C:\Users\ChoyHoong\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\installers\Umbraco\5e12c17a90ffe2c20563dd270edb2fe681275970\Umbraco_4.5.2_NET3.5_WebDeploy.zip instead of downloading from http://umbraco.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=147070

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Using chosen site 'Default Web Site'

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Using chosen site 'Default Web Site'

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Testing database connection string

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Using connection string: 'Server=.\sqlexpress;Database=umbraco;uid=SA;Pwd=****;'

DownloadManager Error: 0 : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to connect to the database.

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.UI.DatabaseParametersControl.TestDbConnection(DbParameterSet parameters)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.UI.DatabaseParametersControl.SaveValues(MSDeployPackage package)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.UI.AppConfigurationPage.OnNext()

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Testing database connection string

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Using connection string: 'Server=.\sqlexpress;Database=umbraco;uid=SA;Pwd=****;'

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Setting current install to 1

DownloadManager Error: 0 : MS Deploy exception: Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentClientServerException: The database 'umbraco' could not be created. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'SA'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SqlDatabaseProvider.AddHelper(DeploymentObject source)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.Add(DeploymentObject source, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleAdd(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleUpdate(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildrenOrder(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildren(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.ProcessSync(DeploymentObject destinationObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(String provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentWellKnownProvider provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.MSDeployProxy.Install(InstallerContext context, RemoteCredentials remoteCredentials)

DownloadManager Error: 0 : MS Deploy error: Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentClientServerException: The database 'umbraco' could not be created. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'SA'.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SqlDatabaseProvider.AddHelper(DeploymentObject source)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.Add(DeploymentObject source, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleAdd(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleUpdate(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildrenOrder(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildren(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.ProcessSync(DeploymentObject destinationObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(String provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentWellKnownProvider provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.MSDeployProxy.Install(InstallerContext context, RemoteCredentials remoteCredentials)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.MSDeployPackage.Install(InstallerContext currentInstall)

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Product Umbraco CMS done install completed

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Increasing current install to 2

DownloadManager Information: 0 : Umbraco CMS installation log: C:\Users\ChoyHoong\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\logs\install\2010-11-30T07.12.18\Umbraco CMS.txt

• Johan Plesner Hamann 105 posts 199 karma points
    Nov 30, 2010 @ 22:06
    Johan Plesner Hamann

Hello rainbow
    I say to you that you could ditch the web installer platform. what you must have from web platform installer, is these programs:
    SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Studio "Express"
    Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

you can read this guide. it is originally Danish. like this text is translated by google.

Hope this can help you.
    and welcome to umbraco

zargo.dk/web-sans/umbraco/manuel-installation-af-umbraco-paa-localhost.aspx

Johan :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft