Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 07:43
    Tizer

Problem moving a site

Hi - me again.

I've just uploaded a site to a new server and am getting this error (it seems like it is trying to reinstall umbraco):

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.masterpages.umbracoPage'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="umbracoPage.master.cs" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.masterpages.umbracoPage" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.Master    Line: 1

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here - or what this error is. My host says that there are files missing?

Any ideas?

• Tobias Neugebauer 52 posts 93 karma points
    May 18, 2010 @ 08:08
    Tobias Neugebauer

Hi,

pleas check Folder permissions in the new location. Pleas referr to this wiki artikel http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions to see what permissions you should grant.

Hope this helps

Toby

• Tizer 170 posts 201 karma points
    May 19, 2010 @ 06:12
    Tizer

Thank you - I will :)

• webrobby 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 14:17
    webrobby

I have had this exact problem - moving a site around.  I don't think my permissions are messed up - because I have gone to each file and made sure that the NETWORK SERVICE account (which is the identity of the site's APP POOL) has permissions that are listed in this file.  I tried upgrading within 4.0 no go yet.  In fact - when I upgraded to 4.5 it almost worked because it saw the content but there is much upgrading work to be done.

So - did anyone ever find a specific solution to this above problem??

Thanks

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 15, 2010 @ 22:23
    Sascha Wolter

Hiya,

I agree, this is quite odd. Quick question: which Windows/IIS server are you using? IIS7+ needs the 'IIS AppPool\[yourAppPool]' user to have permissions instead of the NETWORK SERVICE.

Don't think there are any options to change in the web config or other config files when moving the physical path as all parameters seem to be relative, but worth a check?

I've had this error previously in custom ASP.Net applications when I was foolishly trying to change namespaces and forgot to update the directives at the top of the aspx files. Most of the time the error would be flagged up during compile time. However this can't be it since you haven't recompiled anything and Umbraco is deployed as web application and not as web site, which means that it is pre-compiled and only relies on the dlls and not the code files. 

Stupid idea though: could it perhaps be a simple file transfer problem, e.g. sometimes my FTP program is so nice and copies only half the file across.

An alternative: set up a brand new Umbraco install, copy over only the new files and replace the database with the real one, that should work but is probably not what you're after.

Sorry if I can't be of more help,

Sascha

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 14:24
    Bex

Same problem here.. any solution? 

using IIS 7 but never had prob before..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft