Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Östemar 3 posts 24 karma points
    May 20, 2010 @ 12:17
    Martin Ă–stemar

Members on several sites in one installation

Hi all,

I'm in the situation where we have one Umbraco installation that drives several separate sites. Now I have been asked to try to enable member logins for a couple of those sites. The problems I have with this are:

1. These are totally separate sites with different user groups - can I accomplish this in one Umbraco if say, for example, that two users of different sites want to have the same login? I think I would somehow like to configure each site to use a separate member group, but I don't know if that's possible.

2. Each site has different administrators. I would of course like to give them access to the Members part of the administration tool. But how would I go about filtering the members that each administrator sees and can manage so they don't see each other's members? Yet again, I think somehow this would be neat to configure using member groups?

Basically, is this possible? Or do I have some programming ahead of me? Or perhaps even the need to have separate Umbraco installations?

Thanks in advance for any insights! :)

Martin

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 20, 2010 @ 12:22
    Sebastiaan Janssen

1. Certainly possible with different user groups indeed. Just create usergroups named after the site. If they need to login to another site, add them to that usergroup as well (during sign-up probably, this will require some custom code, but it's easy to do).

2. This will definately require more coding. I'd develop a custom members section, which isn't very hard, but can be a bit of work if you're doing it for the first time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft