Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jacob 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 09:25
    jacob

Umbraco 4.0.4.1 Upgrading wizard keeps turning up??!

Hi,

I'm upgrading umbraco for a customer that's running umbraco former version to the new 4.0.4.1.

I'm running the site from developer server from Visual Studio + TFS (db on MsSql) - the first time I forgot to check out files for edit;(!!

But now I've checked all files out, did a overwrite of the files in install, bin, umbraco and umbraco_client dir's - did all the steps in the wizard with succes.

But when I starts up thwe site the upgrade wizard keeps comming up - what the fuck's wrong? Yes I did restart the dev server and that kind of stuff - I can go to the umbraco backend and stuff but I cannot preview or go to the 'frontend' without getting redirected to the upgrade wizard!!!!????

How can I be sure it's properly installed/upgraded  or where do I set the flag that the site is upgradet : web.config other config files db???

Please help me....;)

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    May 27, 2010 @ 09:38
    Dirk De Grave

Check the version settings in web.config, it should be 4.0.4.1 in your case. If it's empty, just fill in this value and you should be good to go

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.0.4.1" />

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• jacob 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 27, 2010 @ 09:57
    jacob

I was just about to swear because I already did that check in web.config.....

Buuuut, I forgot that I had an include in the web.config in the appSettings section, so the upgrade wizard did put an

umbracoConfigurationStatus entry in web.config with the right value, but my appSettings.config with the old value overrided this with the old value;)

So thanks for posting so quickly, and thanks for the tip - it indirectly fixed my problems

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft