Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Justesen 436 posts 203 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 08:14
    Simon Justesen

Umbraco, IIS 7.5 and .NET 4

Hi!

I just upgraded my desktop computer to Windows 7 and .NET 4. I'm well aware umbraco doesen't run with .NET 4 yet so the app pool is set to v2 and integrated mode as per the directions in the wiki. I'm using the web.config suited for .NET 3.5, When I'm running an umbraco site I'm getting a 500 internal server error pointing to the <handler> section requesting me to set allowOverride 

What could be wrong? any ideas?

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    May 31, 2010 @ 08:50
    Steen Tøttrup

How come you're running the site on the IIS and not as a project in Visual Studio?

I know this isn't helping, but I was just curious.

thanks,

Steen

May 31, 2010 @ 11:30
    Simon Justesen

Hi Steen,

It's easier for multiple people to work on the project when it is located on IIS :)

/ Simon

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 13:17
    Lesley

Hi Simon,

I had trouble with Win7 too. I can't remember if my problem matches yours, but I do remember what got me working...

In IIS, I enabled asp.net impersonation for the site, and set the account to my user. Bit of a cheaty work-around, but let us know if it helps!

Lesley

Jun 05, 2010 @ 00:48
    Simon Justesen

Hi Lesley, 

Thanks for your input.. :) Seems that I forgot to add ASP.NET features to IIS via Control Panel -> Programs and features .. Installing .NET 4.0 isn't enough, because it doesn't add the correct mimetypes to the IIS configuration and doesn't turn on the ASP.NET features of IIS. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft