Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Jun 08, 2010 @ 15:55
    MartinB

Server Error in '/' Application.

Hi there

Formatted my computer, reinstalled Umbraco using the Webinstaller. Went through the setup wizard and it created a folder called "villers" in my wwwroot folder to where it installed umbraco.

When i try to access it I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /install/default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

CustomErrors is set to "Off", but this is all i get.

What gives? It seems like its looking for a folder called Install, but i don't recall it doing that the last time i installed umbraco :/

Jun 08, 2010 @ 16:10
    MartinB

Ok, found this:

When using the Web PI be certain to leave the Application Name field blank, otherwise the installer will place Umbraco into a sub folder under a web root, which is not supported. 

Now what do i do? I need to have localhost subfolders for all the sites i'm going to create :/ ?

Jun 08, 2010 @ 16:45
    MartinB

Alrighty then! found an old post about the home directory in IIS, so now it works for this site.

So i'll just change the home directory path everytime i make a new site or is there a more clever way to handle multiple local instances of Umbraco in IIS ?

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jun 08, 2010 @ 17:08
    Jeff Grine

I use XP PRO IIS Admin. Allows you to have multiple sites in xp and gives you a quick interface for switching between them. (Assuming you're running xp.)

Jun 08, 2010 @ 20:27
    MartinB

Hi Jeff

Looks great - gonna give it a try. How should i go about it when i already have IIS installed?

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jun 08, 2010 @ 20:38
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Martin,

it's not a replacement for IIS, but it is a tool with which you can manage multiple websites in IIS on XP. So, you do have to have IIS allready installed!

note: you still can only have 1 active website, but it makes it possible to quickly change sites or create a new one.

Give it a try, you'll love it.

Peter

Jun 08, 2010 @ 21:36
    MartinB

Hi Peter

Thanks a bunch. I'll fire it up tomorrow :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft