Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:28
    John

Problem with MySQL on shared host

Hi,

I'm moving an Umbraco 4.0.3 site from my local development environment to my web hosting company (web10.se) for the first time. Web10.se only has MySQL so that is what I'm using.

But I'm having troubles with MySQL in the web10.se environment. When I try to log in to the umbraco backend i get the following exception:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'dbname.UMBRACOUSER' doesn't exist

I've successfully imported all umbraco db tables into the database at web10.se with the db admin tool 'phpMyAdmin'. And in phpMyAdmin I can see that all umbraco tables and data are there!

I'm using the same db user/pwd in my connectionstring as I'm using to log into phpMyAdmin.

What I have done to check if my connectionstring is OK is that I've removed the umbraco version number in web.config and gone through the first steps of the installation, checking the db-connection. And the installation page said the connection was OK!

Look here (I stopped the installation guide right here since I already had imported all umbraco tables via phpMyAdmin): http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q161/raxxa/umbraco_db_ok.jpg

What could be the problem?

• John 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 18, 2010 @ 21:00
    John

FYI

Solved it now.

Just changed all table names to use uppercase characters only.

Can't believe it took me an entire week to figure it out! :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft