Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Uros Sankovic 107 posts 134 karma points
    Jun 20, 2010 @ 22:21
    Uros Sankovic

Multi web sites

Hi guys,

I know that it's possible to run more than one web site on one Umbraco installation. But if I understand it right, the macros are shared between all sites. Is it possible to have multi Umbraco installations on one computer, so each web site has it's own installation. Something like that would be useful if you develop more than one web site at a time. Or is there other way?

THX for any help.

Uros

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jun 20, 2010 @ 22:39
    Kim Andersen

Hi Uros

Yes it's possible to have multiple Umbraco installations on the same computer or server. You just need to set up different sites in your IIS. Then you could in example have a site called site1.localhost and site2.localhost. Of course you also need to have two different databases, and two different sets of files. In this way you can have all the installations that you like on your computer.

Just ask again if you have problems setting things up :)

Regards,

/Kim A

Jun 21, 2010 @ 09:11
    Uros Sankovic

So, the idea is to set up different sites in IIS and on my wwwroot I have to make new "default" folders for each site, so I can have more sets of files. 

THX Kim

Jun 21, 2010 @ 20:42
    Kim Andersen

Yeah, you need to have the right number of file sets, and the same number og databases. Then you can either create the amount of sites in your IIS, or you can switch the binding around for your default website (localhost). What I usually do is to create a IIS-site for each umbraco-installation I want to work on.

/Kim A

Jun 21, 2010 @ 23:39
    Uros Sankovic

THX Kim for your help!!!!! Once again this great community helped me!!! :)

Jun 22, 2010 @ 10:33
    Kim Andersen

You are very welcome Uros. Anytime.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft