Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shashank Birthare 25 posts 45 karma points
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 08:33
    Shashank Birthare

ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: initnodeTypes

Hi guys,

i am new user in umbraco and I can't create new nodes in the Templates/ Documents/ Members/ Media or any one. If I select the create button in the top of the Templates/ Documents/ Members/ Media or any one panel all works out well, but if I right click the node where I would like to create the childnode, and selects "Create" I get the following error message in the popup panel:

Server Error in '/' Application.

ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: initnodeTypes

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: initnodeTypes

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: ERROR CREATING CONTROL FOR NODETYPE: initnodeTypes]
    umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\create.aspx.cs:45
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:287
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3710

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

So plz give the solution of this problem......I am waiting

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 14:35
    Chris Dunn

Here is a blog post by Simon about a similar error but with Media.  In this case the problem had to do with the language file.  Might give you some ideas as to the problem.

http://www.prolificnotion.co.uk/error-creating-control-for-nodetype-media/

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft