Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shashank Birthare 25 posts 45 karma points
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 09:37
    Shashank Birthare

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Hi guys,

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.get_MasterPageFile() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\template\Template.cs:37
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\template\Template.cs:150
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupTemplate() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\template\Template.cs:138
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template..ctor(Guid id) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\template\Template.cs:62
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\template\Template.cs:332
    umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.bindTemplates() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\settings\EditNodeTypeNew.aspx.cs:40
    umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7380c184e9fcd3ea\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\settings\EditNodeTypeNew.aspx.cs:26
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
    System.Web.UI.Control.On
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 09:37
    Shashank Birthare

Plz give the solution of that problem

Jun 22, 2010 @ 10:52
    Shashank Birthare

anyone dont solve this problem........

okkkk

• Thomas.R 39 posts 62 karma points
    Jun 22, 2010 @ 11:51
    Thomas.R

Hello,

Could you please give more details on your problem ?

- Which version (exactly) of Umbraco are you using ?

- When does this error occurs ? When editing a template ? When trying to view a page on the frontend ?

Jun 22, 2010 @ 11:55
    Shashank Birthare

hi Thomas

-I am useing Umbraco 4 beta

- This error occurs when we click any document types child node like as Document types/Runway Homepage or Runway TextPage and so on...............

• Greg 14 posts 34 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 20:15
    Greg

I'm having the same issue in Umbraco 4.5.2

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 03:58
    overflew

I recently got this when accidentially creating a Template with a duplicate name, then disallowed to delete it in the UI, deleted it in the DB - presto! Something clearly representing the above.

DB looks like it should be able to figure it out, but there are depths I don't understand to it...

• Jochen Schoubben 25 posts 119 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 14:43
    Jochen Schoubben

Hi all,

I know it's a bit late, for all people searching for the solution:

This problem occurs when you delete the template in the database from the template table.

apparently, Umbraco stores a "node" or somethin inside the umbracoNode table. If you delete the templates in this table, umbraco should work again.

• Mauricio 22 posts 86 karma points
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 12:55
    Mauricio

Thank you so much It was my solution. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft