Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Fosgerau 65 posts 89 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:21
    Jan Fosgerau

I installed a package - aspx.cs files not there ? how do i get to them

I installed a packaged and when viewing the file i can see the various files . but when i install it they vanish.

do they get integrated into a file ? or are they somewhere accessable by umbraco?

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:26
    Matt Brailsford

If there are .cs files in the package zip, they are most likley coppied to the App_Code folder in the root of the site.

Matt

Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:40
    Jan Fosgerau

yeh i thought so too - but no dice - i did a search on the intire folder structure and its not there

only two files got into umbraco.

.aspx

stylesheet

.dll file

im pondering that it has been packed into the dll file ? or ?   -im awfully new at this-

ah i was looking throught the zip file and it contains the .aspx / xlst file / dll file
    i though the file also had a aspx.cs but that was another source code file i was looking in.

the package still works and must be getting info for the aspx.cs somewhere? the dll file ?

Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:44
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Jan,

In that case yes, it looks like it has been compiled into a dll. If you are wanting to modify it, then it looks like you will either need to extend the user control (which should follow standard .NET inhertance) or check in the packages section to see if the creator also offers a source code download (if not, you could just ask them).

Many thanks

Matt

Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:51
    Jan Fosgerau

oh but there is a source code ? can i just place the source code files ( aspx.cs ) into the app_code ?

Jun 30, 2010 @ 10:03
    Matt Brailsford

if it's the code behind file for a page/control (which it sounds like it is), I belive you'd need to keep it along side the actual page/control itself rather than in the app_code folder, but yea, you should be able to drop it on the server. Not sure whether you would need to remove the dll though or not, but if you do, you'll need to make sure the rest of the code is also held on the server.

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft