Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Pickles 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 10:22
    Craig Pickles

Runway 'Edit in Canvas' is not working?

Hi Guys, 

Just taking a look Umbraco 4.5 and we have installed it on two different systems so far (downloaded latest package yesterday).  One XP based local IIS with SQL Server 2005  and one Windows 7 based local ISI with SQL Server 2005.

Runway is installed and everything seems to be runnning fine, the CMS UI is working lovely and editing is a breeze.  However, when selecting "Edit in Canvas" it doesn't work. Nothing happens and on IE 8 we get a javascript error:

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method Line: 160 Char: 13 Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost/umbraco/LiveEditing/Modules/ItemEditing/ItemEditing.js

This is a vanilla runway install so nothing yet has been added.  Canvas doesn't work in either Chrome, Firefox or IE

Does anybody have any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Craig

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 10:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

For canvas editing to work I think the content needs to be wrapped in a serverside form.

Take a look at the "Runway master" template and see if the content is placed inside <form runat="server"></form>...the form should be placed right after the <body> element.

If it is not there, that is probably why canvas edit does not work.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jul 09, 2010 @ 12:30
    Craig Pickles

Hi Jan, 

Thanks for the quick response.  This is the plain vanilla Runway site that I have loaded and it does indeed have the form tag. However, the form tag wasn't just inside the <body> tag so I have moved it (I understand .net so understand that this is where it should be) however.... Still no joy?!?!

Thanks anyway.

Craig

Jul 19, 2010 @ 10:12
    Craig Pickles

For info, In Chrome I get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function http://localhost/umbraco/LiveEditing/Modules/ItemEditing/ItemEditing.js:160

I've done some searching and other people are getting this error but as yet there appears to be no resolve, or even anybody acknowledging that this is a problem? This is a clean install, with a clean Runway........ Anybody know what the problem could be?

Cheers,

Craig

• Nergal 6 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 03:28
    Nergal

Hi,

I'm having the same Issue and replaced straigthforward all $ with jQuery.

Seems to work now...

Cheers,

Nergal

• Tyrone 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 08:56
    Tyrone

If you replace the $ with jQuery, you cannot navigate to any of the other pages while in canvas mode! Anyone else can confirm this? Also is canvas working in Safari or Chrome?

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 07:55
    Adam Shallcross

I also get this...any thoughts?

• René Pjengaard 117 posts 700 karma points c-trib
    Aug 17, 2010 @ 15:00
    René Pjengaard

Hi guys,

you can vote for this issue on codeplex: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28077. If you can´t wait for a solution, you can insert a scripttag in your template-header setting src-attribute to a jquery-repository http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js

Regards
    René

• Carlo Cabrales 58 posts 77 karma points
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 00:17
    Carlo Cabrales

edit in canvas isn't working for me either. I have 4.5 installed using runway on a 2008 server w/ ajax 1.0, asp.net 4.0

The website tells me to click here to edit but when I click I get no response. Any clue?

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 00:25
    Adam Shallcross

What broswer are you using?

• Carlo Cabrales 58 posts 77 karma points
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 00:27
    Carlo Cabrales

It does not work for me in either ie8 or chrome... 

I created installed the runway package and tried to edit the first page in canvas mode to no avail.

• René Pjengaard 117 posts 700 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 08:58
    René Pjengaard

Hi there, try read my reply above again. The problem is, that the backend doesn´t automatically insert the jquery framework. If you do that manually it works.

• Tyrone 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 19, 2010 @ 09:04
    Tyrone

Or if you replace $ with jQuery, it should work. The solution is on this forum. Please can someone tell me if you can edit with Canvas using the Rich Text Editor in Safari and Chrome? I click to edit, and nothing happens. It works in IE and Forefox, but somehow these browsers seem to not load the RTE. Thank you!

Tyrone

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft