Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 06:57
    Ethan

How to set up Designit Gallery Package and make it work?

There is a brief introduction of Designit Gallery Package at http://umbgallery.codeplex.com/ ,  I tried many times but I am not able to run it . I wonder the detailed steps after the installation, Thank you very much!  And I have another question, you know, several document types locate in the system, then when I want to create page of runway template, there are only three available. meanwhile, creating a new item directly under Content, all the document types were displayed in the drop down list box, why?  how to do that? Thanks again!

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 08:56
    wolulcmit

Hi Ethan - I'm not sure about the Gallery package problem - but if you want to change what content types can be created for under each document type - take a look at the document type in question > click on the structure tab and see the allowed child nodetypes. you'll probably see that only the 3 items that are showing are ticked...

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 10:04
    Hundebol

Hi Ethan

This i what you do:

1. Install Designit gallery package.

2. Add Media picker to the Document Type where you want the gallery: Alias "Gallery"

3. Add to the template

<head runat="server">

4. insert the following in the head:

<script src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.lightbox-05.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/scripts/Designit.Gallery/jquery.lightbox-0.5.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(function() {
          $('#diGallery a').lightBox();
        });
        </script> 

5. Insert this i contentplaceholder:

<umbraco:Macro folderId="[#Gallery]" ThumbWidth="100" ThumbHeight="100" LightBoxWidth="600" LightBoxHeight="600" Alias="Designit.Gallery" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

Best regards,
    Hundebol

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 15:09
    Ethan

Thank both of you!

• Kevin R. Smith 26 posts 48 karma points
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 19:14
    Kevin R. Smith

Just as a quick update:

jquery.lightbox-05.pack.js nor jquery.lightbox-0.5.js are installed when you install the package. No documentation indicates that these are required.

Further more:

When I've set this up following the above instructions it doesn't render anything in the html after I've added the macro to the template.

After spending two hours on this "easy to install" package, is there NO photo gallery package that works correctly out of the box?

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 11:15
    Hundebol

Hi Kevin,

How did you install the package? From the repository or did you download the package from the project-section on this site?

• Kevin R. Smith 26 posts 48 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 15:16
    Kevin R. Smith

I actually attempted both. Is one method better than the other?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft