Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chetan 16 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 13, 2010 @ 13:49
    chetan

Using Doc2Form to create simple contat us form

Hi

I want to create simple form for contact us using Doc2Form which will collect information like name, email,Comment etc. All these comments from this form should be stored and displayed to admin to publish it.

Please help

Thank you
    Chetan

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2010 @ 16:50
    Ismail Mayat

Chetan,

Goto http://umbracoext.codeplex.com/releases/view/5251 and download Doc2Form 2.0 Beta 3 Early Documentation should get you going.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 13, 2010 @ 17:46
    chetan

Thank you Ismail. I have installed Doc2Form. I need further steps for creating forms and storing the data.

Thank you
    Chetan

Sep 13, 2010 @ 17:52
    Ismail Mayat

Did you download and read the early documentation?

Sep 13, 2010 @ 18:05
    chetan

Yes

Sep 13, 2010 @ 18:13
    Ismail Mayat

The document although its been a while since i last read shows you how to create the doctype which will define the form and documents the macro properties to get the form to render.  Can you detail how far you have got.

Regards

Ismail

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Sep 13, 2010 @ 18:15
    MartinB

After install, make a new Document property called Contact Form and make a new Tab called on it "Contact"

The add the following properties:

Property name: Name
    Alias: myName
    Type: Textstring
    Group: Contact

Property name: Email
    Alias: myMail
    Type: Textstring

Property name: Comment
    Alias: myComment
    Type: Textbox Multiple

...and so on to suit your needs.

Then insert the Doc2Form marco in your template and fill in the Doc2Form Wizard.

In the Wizard, set the Node Id of the page/node you want the messages to appear under, then from the select box, choose your "contact" tab content and fill in the wizard as needed.

See this macro for reference:

<umbraco:Macro DocumentType="1144" Template="" TabName="contact" PageTabs="0" HideTabNames="0" ChooseWhereToStore="1147" EditMode="0" ShowTitle="0" TitleName="" SaveMemberAlias=", " ShowDescriptions="0" SubmitButtonText="Submit" PreviousButtonText="" NextButtonText="" RequiredText="" PublishOnSubmit="0" RefreshToParent="0" RedirectToNode="" PublishWithUserId="" StorePropertiesInCookies="myName, myMail, myComment" SendEmailResponse="0" TextOnSubmit="Thank you message here" ResponseSubject="" ResponseEmailFieldAlias=", " ResponseCopyTo="" EmailForm="1" FormSubject="Subject here" FormMessage="Custom message here before Form content: [#FORM]" FormToEmailAddress="[email protected]" FormFromEmailAddress="[email protected]" UseAjax="0" DefaultValueNode="" Alias="Doc2FormComplete" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

Doc2Form will likeley fail to insert all the values you enter for some reason, so use the above to get in the missing pieces.

/Martin

Sep 13, 2010 @ 20:10
    chetan

Thank you Martin, it worked.

Chetan

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Sep 16, 2010 @ 19:11
    MartinB

You're most welcome ;-)

• Warren Besthorne 42 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 18:08
    Warren Besthorne

I need step by step install for contact us form on my site or  can someone do it for me

• Md Johirul Islam 37 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 13:43
    Md Johirul Islam

Hi I am new in umbraco CMS .net controler. I am just wondering any one cal help me to create a customize Contact form by Web User control. I follow thw whole tutorial. But the problem is when i add valodation contron on my form. Then i found this erroe message...

The ControlToValidate property of 'RequiredFieldValidator1' cannot be blank. and more ......

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ContactUsForm.ascx.cs" Inherits="ContactUsForm.ContactUsForm" %>

<form action="" method="post" name="contactus">

<table width="672" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="292"><input type="text" name="fname" id="fname" value="First Name"/><asp:RequiredFieldValidator 

ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" 

ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

<td width="380" rowspan="6" valign="top"><table width="380" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="contact2">

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><textarea name="txtcomments" id="txtcomments" cols="45" rows="5">Enter text...</textarea></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="187"><input name="Captcha" type="text" class="captcha" id="sml-input" value="78  BHG" /></td>

<td width="193"><span id="accessiblity">Ut et metus dapibus dolrutrum vestibulum molestie id ligula.</span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><input name="sml-input" type="text" id="sml-input" value="Enter Code" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><a class="button" type="submit" href="#">Send Enquiry</a></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="fname" type="text" id="lname" value="Last Name" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="company" type="text" id="company" value="Company Name" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="emailaddress" type="text" id="emailaddress" value="Email address" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><select name="country" id="country">

<option>Please select your country</option>

</select></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><label>

<input type="checkbox" name="chkmail" id="chkmail" />

I would like to receive relevant insight, news and reports from ICLP</label></td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

Please give me an idea or anything else. Thank you.......

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft