Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 19:00
    Geoff Baldwin

Getting Error: The virtual path '/James%20Gallery/1048.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Hi,

after a lot of issues getting Umbraco installed I finally had a working installation, watched some of the startup videos and started playing.
    Using Umbraco 4.5.2 on an XP Pro platform with Runway installed, SQL Express 2008 R2 and VWD 2010 express installed.

I decided to try and change some of the Runway master and Runway text page templates to using copy and paste from a master page I have set up in a web site dveloped in VWD 2008 Express. Ended up in something of a muddle so decided to start all over again and took the following steps:

1. Deleted my database in SQL Server Management Studio
    2. Created a new database
    3. Gave appropriate permissions to user umbracouser
    4. Downloaded WPI 3.0 and installed the umbraco feed
    5. Deleted everything from C:\inetpub\wwwroot
    6. Installed Umbraco using WPI --  included Runway, Gallery and Contact

Everything seemed to work and I ended up with two folders in c:\inetpub\wwwroot --- James Gallery(My site) and aspnet_client.

I launched Umbraco and logged in as administrator and got the Umbraco Interface. First thing I did was to was to click on Runway Home page and click preview -- I was curious to see the Runway Top Navigation I had included as this didn't appear as I expected in my original attempt.

I got a page showing:

Server Error in '/James Gallery' Application.

The virtual path '/James%20Gallery/1048.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The virtual path '/James%20Gallery/1048.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The virtual path '/James%20Gallery/1048.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.]
    System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfNotWithinAppRoot() +3066294
    System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String path, Boolean rebaseClientPath) +156
    System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String path) +6
    umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2158
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +8871966
    System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

What have I done wrong THIS time ------- Help please!

Sep 14, 2010 @ 19:08
    Geoff Baldwin

Tried to edit the start of the post to provide this background but the forum errored when I submirted the edited post:

I am a novice web developer with a little experience developing simple web sites in asp.net 3.5 using VWD 208 Express. Some basic experience with SQL as one of the sites used a database to provide details of members of an organisation, events, news stories etc together with some 'home made' content management of some text areas. I have decided I want to develop in a CMS type environment ---- so here I am!!

Sep 16, 2010 @ 13:59
    Geoff Baldwin

Any ideas anyone? I can't get beyond this satge and as I have already deleted the SQL database and reinstalled Umbraco I'm at a loss.

I've tried unpublishing the gallery pages and the contact page to no avail.

Sep 19, 2010 @ 12:41
    Geoff Baldwin

Never got round this issue. Finally flattened the notebook, reinstalled OS, upgraded to Windows 7 and reinstalled everything from scratch.

Seems to work now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft