Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 00:33
    Geoff Baldwin

How do I configure the lightbox for the runway gallery?

Hi

I have created a basic umbraco  gallery site using Runway and the Runway gallery using the latest Umbraco version.

I am testing on a laptop running Windows 7.

It essentially works OK but the gallery sites I have seen have 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons at the the right and left of the picture when it is displayed. Mine do not :( --- or at least I csannot make anything visible.

I have played with the jquerylightbox css file and currently have the following settings:

#lightbox-nav a { outline: none;}
    /*#lightbox-nav-btnPrev, #lightbox-nav-btnNext {
      width: 49%;
      height: 100%;
      width: 63px;
      height: 32px;
      background-color: #ff0000;
      zoom: 1;
      display: block;
    }*/
    #lightbox-nav-btnPrev
    {
        left: 0px;
        float: left;
        background-color: #ff0000;      \* just to test with easy visibility  -except it isnt!
        top: 0px;
        visibility: visible;
    }
    #lightbox-nav-btnNext {  

float: right;
      visibility: visible;
      top: 0px;
      background-image: url('jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif');
      background-repeat: no-repeat; }

When I click on a picture in the gallery, there appears to be a 'button' 63px wide running the whole height of the picture on both left and right which gives me previous and next picture but I cannot see anything.

All the pictures in the gallery were 900px wide - this is wider than the 'main' div.
    I reduced all the photos to 500px wide and reloaded the gallery but the problem remains.

Have I got to make changes in jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js??
    This would worry me as I know nothing about java :(

Sep 28, 2010 @ 14:05
    Geoff Baldwin

If anyone has any ideas on this I'd really apreciate some input.

A couple more related issues / additional information:

1. The close 'button' is also present at the bottom right of the slideshow image but is not visible
    2. On the gallery page some of the thumbnails are being displayed as a 'bullett point' on a line of their own. This occurs regardless of how many images per line I set.
      Edit -- found the answer to this at
      http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/8075-Runway%C2%B4s-Photogallery?p=0#comment48233

3. Looking at galleryListPhotos.xslt it seems to be providing links to the Next,Prev, Close buttons etc -- so are these referenced directly? Does the jquerylightbox.css come into play at all? The paths are correct :
      imageBtnClose: '/css/jQueryLightboxImages/close.gif',
      imageBtnPrev: '/css/jQueryLightboxImages/prev.gif',
      imageBtnNext: '/css/jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif'
    4. Can I configure the size of the slideshow image via lightbox regardless of the size of the phots in the gallery

My apologies if these seem like basic questions.

I am trying to do my own research as well but none of the information I have found on Lightbox puts it in 'laymans' terms and I am reluctants to start modifying the .js or .xslt files until I have a bettr understanding of them.

Sep 28, 2010 @ 23:19
    Geoff Baldwin

OK - after some playing around I found that this first line in the jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js script:

(function($){$.fn.lightBox=function(settings){settings=jQuery.extend({overlayBgColor:'#000',overlayOpacity:0.8,fixedNavigation:false,imageLoading:'images/lightbox-ico-loading.gif',imageBtnPrev:'images/lightbox-btn-prev.gif',imageBtnNext:'images/lightbox-btn-next.gif',imageBtnClose:'images/lightbox-btn-close.gif',imageBlank:'images/lightbox-blank.gif',containerBorderSize:10,containerResizeSpeed:400,txtImage:'Image',txtOf:'of',keyToClose:'c',keyToPrev:'p',keyToNext:'n',imageArray:[],activeImage:0},settings);var jQueryMatchedObj=this;function _initialize(){_start(this,jQueryMatchedObj);return false;}

if changed to

(function($){$.fn.lightBox=function(settings){settings=jQuery.extend({overlayBgColor:'#000',overlayOpacity:0.8,fixedNavigation:false,imageLoading:'/css/jQueryLightboxImages/loading.gif',imageBtnPrev:'/css/jQueryLightboxImages/prev.gif',imageBtnNext:'/css/jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif',imageBtnClose:'/css/jQueryLightboxImages/close.gif',imageBlank:/css/jQueryLightboxImages/blank.gif',containerBorderSize:10,containerResizeSpeed:400,txtImage:'Image',txtOf:'of',keyToClose:'c',keyToPrev:'p',keyToNext:'n',imageArray:[],activeImage:0},settings);var jQueryMatchedObj=this;function _initialize(){_start(this,jQueryMatchedObj);return false;}

combined with adding

#lightbox-nav-btnPrev
    {
      float: left;
      background-image: url('/css/jQueryLightboxImages/prev.gif');
      background-repeat: no-repeat;  
    }
    #lightbox-nav-btnNext {
      float: right;
      background-image: url('/css/jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif');
      background-repeat: no-repeat; }

to the standard style sheet gave the correct effect.

I'd like to understand WHY; if anyone can tell me!

All I need to find out now is how to resize the image using Lightbox instead of loading up specif size images and how to include the photo description field after the image name when the selected image is displayed!!!

Oct 17, 2010 @ 13:41
    Geoff Baldwin

Hi,

can anyone help??

I haven't been able to figure out how to control the image size used by Lightbox when it displays an image. The client will load up images of various sizes and I want to show them as an image 600 wide by whatever the appropriate height would be keeing the image to scale)

Presumably there is somewhere where I can set either the width or height that I want to use (say width: 600px) and the image will be scaled acordingly?

I have found references in the jquery.lightbox-0.5.min.js to width:intImageWidth but cannot see how to set this assuming that this is what I need to set?)

Also, the image information contains data about exposure; is it possible to display this with the image? And /or the Description property on the Photo Page?

The height and width property in the photo page can be edited but don't seem to have any effect on the display

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    Nov 03, 2010 @ 21:24
    organic

Runway Gallery overrides default values in galleryListPhotos.xslt and initializes LightBox like below, which I think is from the original package install:

<!-- override some lightbox default values -->
        <script type="text/javascript">

$(function() {
                $('.runwayGallery a:rel:lightbox').lightBox({
                    imageLoading: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/loading.gif',
                    imageBlank: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/blank.gif',
                    imageBtnClose: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/close.gif',
                    imageBtnPrev: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/prev.gif',
                    imageBtnNext: '/images/jQueryLightboxImages/next.gif'
                });
            });
        </script>

I'm working on what seems like a runway gallery bug: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/14136-wrong-jqueryjs-in-452-download?

• Sunimal Kaluarachchi 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 20, 2011 @ 18:04
    Sunimal Kaluarachchi

I modified the jquery.lightbox-0.5.js file by Leandro Vieira Pinho. You don't have to specify a width or height. What this modified javascript file does is, it will check each image and if the width or height exceeds the screen (viewport area), then the image is resized while preserving the aspect ratio.

To use this file, you just have to copy and paste entire contents of this javascript file in your already existing jquery.lightbox-0.5.js file or you just have to replace the old file with this. 

I have given 2 links: First one will let you down load the entire javascript file and the second will display the source code which you can copy and paste into your existing jquery.lightbox-0.5.js.

Download javascript file: http://turboupload.com/081zwttawcb6

Source code : http://www.sourcepod.com/twhbtf88-5047

if you have any issues, please send me an email :  [email protected]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft