Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Salik Rafiq 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 11:00
    Salik Rafiq

Multiple installs on same IIS, gallery image URLs not correct

I have installed two separate instances of Umbraco on my Server 2008 and I installed the default Runway package including the gallery on the second. The first one I didn't install any packages at all.

But when I take a look at the gallery pages the URLS look wrong. Instead of everything else which is //localhost/sitename/....  it is making urls like //localhost/media/.. which means none of the links work and no images.

As well the pages look very plain. Is that how they are supposed to look? Is there a sample site which shows how runway should look?

I'm sure this is probably just something simple in the content that needs changing. as a newbie to both CMS and Umbraco I don't know where to look.

Hope you can help.

Salik.

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 11:43
    Geoff Baldwin

Hi Salik,

I am a total newbie myself and I have just spent a very long time trying to solve similar issues. Basically if the install is not right all the paths to css files and so on are incorrect.

THis is what I did to create two sites:
    I haven't explained the detail of each step. If you are unfamiliar as to how to do any one of them I'll be happy to try and expand

1. Created C;\Umbraco Sites
    2. Created C;\Umbraco Sites\site1 and C;\Umbraco Sites\site2
    3. Added two new sites in IIS Site 1 and Site 2 pointing at these two folders (I also added a Hostname for each as I wanted to 'play' on my internal network)
    4. Created a database Site 1 and Site 2 using SQL Server Manager and created the necessary Logins and user mappings
    5. Installed Umbraco into each site using WPI
      NB: the bit I got wrong is that I installed int 'Default Site' instead of selecting the Web Site I wanted to use

It all then worked!

Hope this helps a tad.

Sep 28, 2010 @ 12:20
    Salik Rafiq

I have installed Umbraco as applications underneath the default site. Is that not how to do it?

I suppose I can do reinstall with different ports for each website. I have other stuff running on the default site.

Thanks I shall remove everything and start over using separate websites. see how it goes.

Sep 28, 2010 @ 12:30
    Geoff Baldwin

"Is this not how to do it"  --- Don't know!!!!!!

But I couldn't make it work when I did it like that -- mind you that couls just be down to my own lack of knowledge / umderstanding

Sep 28, 2010 @ 17:54
    Salik Rafiq

That seems to work I've got two new sites on different ports and the image and css all working now. looks like these modules don't work otherwise.

Cool thanks.

Sep 28, 2010 @ 18:45
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft