Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Oct 09, 2010 @ 14:58
    Tom Holland

Listserv/Forum discussion group recommendations?

Our organization has a large population of technophobes - getting people just to log in to the website is a constant battle. There is a demand for a "Listserv", but I think a forum that supported posting/reading by e-mail would work equally well. Can anybody recommend an option which supports management of the list members through an API? We need to be able to offer single sign on, or at least account creation through our website, and to be able to remove the account when a membership expires. A hosted platform or .net would probably be preferred. Google Groups/Yahoo Groups would have been ideal, but they don't seem to have an API just for the groups.

Thanks!

Tom

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 10, 2010 @ 22:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I am not sure if you absolutely need this to be in Umbraco but I can't think of any existing Umbraco package that would suit your needs.. You're probably best off using an existing service, unless you would enjoy creating something new yourself. A CMS framework like Umbraco is not very well suited for something like a listserv though! :-)

• Tom Holland 283 posts 40 karma points
    Oct 11, 2010 @ 01:56
    Tom Holland

I was more hoping that an umbraco user could recommend a listserv service w/ some api support or a .net friendly forum with post/read by e-mail. I know its not really an umbraco question, but its such a great forum, I thought I'd ask...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft