Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 05:06
    Phillip Ng

Successful install and login but nearly blank dashboard

Hello

I need a little help. I installed Umbraco a control panel known as DotNetPanel. Everything went great but after logging in as admin, very little was rendered in the dashboard. The four buttons appear but clicking on them does nothing. The only other things rendered was the text "Content" and "Sections" and six links under the "Sections" area (please see attached). I am guessing there is an issue with my permissions as no styling or script is running, but after checking my permissions for the "umbraco" directory, they seem okay:

NETWORK SERVICE: Read/Execute, list Contents, Read

USERS: Full Control

Practically every other group has full control. Is it my permissions or something else? I appreciate any help in advance!

Phil

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Oct 30, 2010 @ 00:41
    bob baty-barr

i have seen this when having the wrong settings on the app pool... if you are using classic, try integrated pipeline... if using integrated... try classic... off the top of my head, i cannot remember which direction it goes :)

hope that at least helps a bit.

• Hendrik Jan 71 posts 137 karma points
    Oct 30, 2010 @ 01:16
    Hendrik Jan

I have had this with bad ASP.NET installs/configurations. So i think thats definitly it. And I totally agree with bob baty-barr

Oct 30, 2010 @ 01:51
    Phillip Ng

@bob

Yeah that was it! Looks good. Thanks for your help!

Mar 23, 2011 @ 01:34
    Phillip Ng

Hi

So I am running into this issue again. Let me explain.

Umbraco is deployed on a subdomain of our main site, so for example, our company, XYZ at xyz.com has ABC's website tested on abc.xyz.com, with the aforementioned problem occurring on the test environment. After switching the app pool to Classic 2.0, everything worked out great and was able to develop the rest of the site. Now we are ready to launch the site at domain abccompany.com in which I copied the source files from abc.xyz.com and pasted to abccompany.com, but the same problem appears. Unfortunately, the solution before does not solve the problem this time i.e. even though abccompany.com is deployed in the same classic app pool as abc.xyc.com, the same "blank dashboard" is appearing.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Any advice on how to resolve? Would the fact that both domains are using the same database be the problem? Or should I just create a duplicate database for abccompany.com? Thanks for any help!

Phil

Mar 23, 2011 @ 01:46
    Phillip Ng

Oops, figured it out. Forgot to check permissions and allow NETWORK SERVICE "modify" access

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft