Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Angie 9 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 11:01
    Angie

Hi,

I installed Umbraco 4.5.2 and also the Runway. When I open Runway in browser, it is only a plain white page with vertical navigation link and text below it. Is it how the Runway supposed to look like? I mean it seems that no css/style applied on it. Or did I miss something in the installation?

Thanks 

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 01, 2010 @ 11:31
    Geoff Baldwin

Hi Angie

I had similar issues. Still a newbie and learning loads from folk on here. Hope info below is of help.

Umbraco needs to be applied in the root of your site, that doesn't necessarily mean in wwwroot but it does mean that you have to point a site in ISS at the root folder and then make sure that you install into that site and not the default site.

I use this procedure:

Create DB and umbraco user login with db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_ddladmin, db_securityadmin and public roles checked for on the user mapping page

Create a folder  c:\umbracosites\<sitename>

In IIS manager create a new site and point it at c:\Umbraco\<sitename>

Install Umbraco using WPI, when it asks where to install be sure to point it at the site you created(It will asume default site otherwise)

This works on IIS 6 and 7

Geoff

• Angie 9 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 04:22
    Angie

Thanks for the reply, Geoff

so it seems the problem is in the installation..I tried to put another stylesheet too but the style is not applied. I will try the procedure you used. Thanks

• mc 19 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 14:42
    mc

Hi,

Finally got runaway working. I see I had to add the navigation macro to my page and also add '~' to the css path.  When I installed umbraco a few years ago it came working out of the box, however at the running it under a virtual dir wasn't supported. However am right in thinking the latest version without any problems?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft