Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mc 19 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 11:32
    mc

Hi, I've just installed the latest copy of umbraco, however, non of my css seems to work. I've downloaded the business website and there is no css formatting.

Have the settings been missed?

thanks,

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 12:51
    Tim

Are you missing CSS in the back end? If so, it could be one of two things I think. If you're getting the pages with no CSS or JS, it could be that the files are blocked (if you downloaded the zip file from Codeplex rather than using the installer). Check this post for a solution to that problem: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10808-Clean-Install-of-45-and-no-trees-tried-other-solutions-but-still-not-working!

It could also be that the anonymous user account for your IIS account doesn't have read access to the css folder. Right click on the folder and check that the IUSR_[MACHINENAME] account has at least read and list folder contents.

If it's just the CSS for the starter kit, have you checked that the css files are actually there on the site? View the source of the page and check the css path and verify that the files are actually there. If they aren't it's possible that the permisions settings on the site didn't alow the package installer to add the css files to the css folder.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Tim.

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 17:27
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 11:24
    mc

I need this to work under a virtual directory under the main root. I thought this was fixed in the latest version? Can I run umbraco under a virtual dir?

Nov 11, 2010 @ 13:18
    mc

The CSS is def. there, the path to all css files are incorrect. It seems like a half-job to get this working in a virtual directory? I can't point my default website to umbraco and run other apps under this. I need umbraco running as a virtual directory under root. It's all working fine, just the css path is messed up. What have others done to get around this?

thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft