Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 12:37
    Geoff Baldwin

Directory not Empty error when bulk uploading for Runway Gallery

Hi

I have a site I have been deveoping for a while and  I decided I want to do a direct comparison between Runway Gallery and another Gallery Control for asp.net.

So I aded a new Gallery into the content and tried to bulk upload a zip file containing the same photos that I am using in the other asp site. The first problem that I ran into was that if I had more then 24 photographs in the .zip file I was trying to up load I got this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Maximum request length exceeded.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Maximum request length exceeded.]
    System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +8899303
    System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() +68
    System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +172
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +68
    System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +8900239
    System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +97
    System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +69
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +135

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

With 24 or less photos the file uploaded OK when I clik=cked the save icon and I got a Content Saved Message. BUT, when I tried to Publish the page I get this error:

The directory is not empty.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Help please!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 19:09
    Rich Green

Hi,

Your first error is because the page is timing out as it's taking a while to upload all the pics, you can increase the timeout to solve this by reading this thread http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/7441-Another-uploading-large-files-and-zip-files-issue

Don't know about the second error, sorry.

Rich

Nov 14, 2010 @ 21:29
    Geoff Baldwin

Thanks Rich

Wrote a little batch file so that I can use it for any site. Works a treat. Or at least it doesn't error when I upload the file!

Now when I attempt to publish the page I get the following if I just click 'Save and Publish":

Could not find file 'C:\UmbracoSites\JRBP1\media\7318\knowsley.zip'.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\UmbracoSites\JRBP1\media\7318\knowsley.zip'.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

or:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

And this if I RightClick on the page node and select publish:

Could not find file 'C:\UmbracoSites\JRBP1\media\7318\knowsley.zip'.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\UmbracoSites\JRBP1\media\7318\knowsley.zip'.

Source Error:

or:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\UmbracoSites\JRBP1\media\7318\knowsley.zip'.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9726895
    System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) +1142
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +83
    Umbraco.RunwayGallery.ZipUploadHandler.unpackZip(String zipFile) +188
    Umbraco.RunwayGallery.ZipUploadHandler.content_AfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +202
    umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
    umbraco.content.FireAfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +76
    umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1175
    umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 pageId) +75
    umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +150
    umbraco.library.PublishSingleNode(Int32 DocumentId) +29
    umbraco.dialogs.publish.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1694
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

And indeed the zip file is not in the directory!!

But Why Not ? :(

Nov 14, 2010 @ 22:05
    Geoff Baldwin

I'm confused :(

If I upload a smaller file I still get my original error rather than "Could not find file":

The directory is not empty.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

Source Error:

or:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The directory is not empty.
    ]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9726658
    System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) +747
    System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) +203
    Umbraco.RunwayGallery.ZipUploadHandler.content_AfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +262
    umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
    umbraco.content.FireAfterUpdateDocumentCache(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +76
    umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1175
    umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 pageId) +75
    umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +150
    umbraco.library.PublishSingleNode(Int32 DocumentId) +29
    umbraco.dialogs.publish.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1694
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 22:05
    Rich Green

Perhaps it is one of the zip files that failed?

Rich

Nov 14, 2010 @ 22:10
    Geoff Baldwin

@Rich: I can unzip the file(s) just fine and see all the images in the target directory.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft