Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bjarke Petersen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 22:40
    Bjarke Petersen

Designit Gallery gives link instead of modal popup

Hi,

I installed the designit gallery package 1.1.1 on my umbraco 4.5.2 with ImageGen 2.0.1.

The modal popup only works the first couple of times then I just get linked to something like : ./umbraco/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/555/something.jpg&width=600&height=600&constrain=true

Can't figure out what is going on...

• Thomas Foskey 15 posts 35 karma points
    Dec 27, 2010 @ 04:02
    Thomas Foskey

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I'm having the same problem except I can't get the modal to fire at all.  When I click the thumbnail, it opens the larger image as a link.

Dec 31, 2010 @ 16:48
    Thomas Foskey

Ok, I got it to work, so I know what the problem is.  That bad news is it breaks something else.  My issue is a script conflict.  I have a slide show that references this jquery script which breaks the Designit Gallery:

http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js

When I remove the reference to the above script, all is well, but then it breaks my slide show!  I guess I'll need to come up with a different solution for the slide show...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 01, 2011 @ 13:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

Well that script is the jQuery framework so it makes sense that the slideshow does not work when you remove that since it based on it? :-)

But what error do you get when it's included? What other scripts do you have, which it is conflicting with?

/Jan

Jan 01, 2011 @ 21:30
    Thomas Foskey

Yes, the slideshow does require it - thus breaking it.  I apologize for sounding like an idiot there...I'm still relatively new to jquery.  Everything is working great now (both slideshow and gallery) and here is what I did in case someone else is having similar issues.  First of all, the slideshow referenced version 1.4.2 of the jquery framework whereas the gallery referenced 1.2.3 (which I believe caused the conflict?).  

So I went with the earlier version of the framework and removed 1.4.2 in hopes the slideshow would still work and it did!  I guess having 2 versions of the jquery framework on the same site causes issues (which sort of makes sense to me)?  So now, I have jquery 1.2.3 in the DesignIt.Gallery folder of the scripts folder and a second copy of jquery 1.2.3 in the root of the scripts folder and everything is happy.  If there is a better way, I'm all ears because I'm not thrilled to have 2 copies of the same script referenced on the same site...seems redundant.  However, it seems DesignIt.Gallery requires the DesignIt.Gallery folder in the scripts root to work properly, so I really didn't have much choice.

Jan 01, 2011 @ 21:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

I'm sorry if I made you feel like an idiot. That was not my intention.

I'm happy to hear you got it solved and it makes sense that it's conflicting when you're having a reference to two different versions of the framework. The functions and methods etc. is probably being duplictated and all sorts of other things that can make havoc in the code.

But sometimes one just is being blinded looking at the code and not understanding what is exactly going on, because it's looking right and everything...:-) (I know the feeling).

Can't you just reference jquery on you master page template? The approach with having it stored in two different path sounds a bit odd. But I must admit that I have not played around with their package. But I guess it's just a matter of changing the reference somwhere in the code?

/Jan

• Bjarke Petersen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 21:32
    Bjarke Petersen

Hi all,

Well I'm not getting any scripting errors, and the galleries works fine untill I navigate avay from the page and then navigate back to it again.

After a while I end up with a mile long page where the image is located in the button instead of in a modal popup...???

Feel free to try it on skibbykino.engelbrekt.net - "Cinema Paradiso" - "Scrapbog", click on one of the links - click on one of the images

Go to another "Scrapbog" link and then back to the first one

• Kevin Coster 83 posts 120 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 13:54
    Kevin Coster

I think i have the same problem... (umbraco 4.7.1)

The designit gallery works with the macro in a template and works really well no problems with it not showing in a lightbox. just need to make sure you reference lightbox.js files and that if you have it in <form> tags.

This is where however the problem starts when I insert the macro into the editor the macro doesnt load in a <form> tag </form> when rendered on the front end.

I have tried entering the tag into the HTML on the editor but the editor strips it out.

any suggestions?

Jan 09, 2012 @ 21:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

It's never a good idea to insert html tags into the RTE field. It's only intended for text. However you can insert macroes, which can render stuff like form, galleries, videos etc.

What happens if you output the contents of your RTE field inside the <form> tag in the template? Does the gallery render then?

/Jan

Jan 09, 2012 @ 22:50
    Kevin Coster

Hi Jan

To clarify I havent put the HTML into the RTE.... Doh! will be clearer in my post next time

I inserted the macro as per normal.

then went the HTML button on the menu and like you suggested I tried putting form tag in.

However when I saved it and tested no difference later on found that on clicking update in the HTML screen the RTE removes the form tag automatically.

Kev

Jan 09, 2012 @ 23:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

It might as well be me who have not made myself clear :-)

When I say not to enter HTML in the RTE I mean you should not add it by using the "edit html" button in the RTE ribbon either - tidy strips "illegal" tags.

You should place the form either inside your xslt macro. If it needs to be a serverside form you can't place it in the RTE but then need to place your <form> in the template and make sure it wraps the rendering of your rich text content, like this:

<form>
    <!-- your RTE rendering here -->
    </form>

Hope this makes sense :)

/Jan

Jan 09, 2012 @ 23:44
    Kevin Coster

Tried that and can see it works as the form tag is styled in CSS so see it change.

However made no impact on the gallery it still linked though to the image rather then displaying lightbox

Jan 10, 2012 @ 08:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

Ok, have you tried enabling firebug and see if you get a javascript error in the console log? I think that might be the issue here.

/Jan

Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:22
    Kevin Coster

Will give it a go moved on for the moment need to get rest of content as part of migration and deadline but will have a go a soon as i get a chance to re run would be useful getting this working!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft