Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mitali 13 posts 33 karma points
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 12:59
    Mitali

Option for server side script

Please help me

Is there any option available for server side script i.e cs.file.And can i drag drop asp control as we do with visual studio toolbox.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mitali

You can develop user controls in visual studio and copy the compiled assembly into the bin folder and the user control into the usercontrol folder, afterwards. (you can of course also use xcopy to do this, depending in your setup).

In Umbraco you can go to the developer section and create a macro where you pick the user control you have created. Once the macro has been created you can go to the "Settings" section and select your macro in a template and get the content rendered.

Depending on what you are going to do I also think that you with umbraco 4.5.x can place .cs files directly in the app_data folder. This is probably best to do when you're handling events or do stuff that does not need to present data in a template I guess.

I hope that this answers your question? If you are new to Umbraco there are many sources available to get you on to a good start. I can recommend that you spend some money om umbraco.tv since, there are many videos to show you how to get your way around developing for umbraco using visual studio etc.

Otherwise you should have a look at the various blogpost here on our and search through the wiki. If there is something that you have any doubs about please don't hesitate to ask in here as people will be ready to help you out :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft