Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:05
    Geoff Baldwin

NotesforGallery gives an error when I load a page using it to a live site

Hi

I have included a NotesforGallery in one of the pages on a simple website and it works just fine on my test system

When I load the page to the live server I get the following error when the page is accessed:

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Source Error:

Line 34:     </p>

Line 35:    

Line 36:     <ctl:Gallery runat="server" ID="Gallery1" FolderUrl="~/Images/FashionsGallery/Girls" Size="100"  FadeSpeed="200"/>

Line 37:       

Line 38:   </div>

Source File: \\fs1-n02\stor2wc1dfw1\373232\373350\www.clovahaslemere.co.uk\web\content\Fashions.aspx    Line: 36

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]

ASP.fashions_aspx.__BuildControlGallery1() in \\fs1-n02\stor2wc1dfw1\373232\373350\www.clovahaslemere.co.uk\web\content\Fashions.aspx:36

ASP.fashions_aspx.__BuildControlContent3(Control __ctrl) in \\fs1-n02\stor2wc1dfw1\373232\373350\www.clovahaslemere.co.uk\web\content\Fashions.aspx:18

System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn(Control container) +12

ASP.masterpages_master1_master.__BuildControlMainColumn() +117

ASP.masterpages_master1_master.__BuildControlform1() +297

ASP.masterpages_master1_master.__BuildControlTree(masterpages_master1_master __ctrl) +107

ASP.masterpages_master1_master.FrameworkInitialize() +46

System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +35

System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +8672863

System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +51

System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +15

System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +45

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49

ASP.fashions_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

I got this response from a query to the ISP:

Depending on where he got the “NotesForGallery.dll” assembly – it may be trying to do something in the code which requires full trust (things like IO on the filesystem, registry access etc)

Unforunately, without seeing the code I couldn’t say for certain what the problem is (the stack trace doesn’t show much).

So, I guess that notesforgallery requires full trust? In fact I seem to remember someone telling me this during a conversation but cannot remember the details.

Is there a way to configure NotesforGallery to get round this or have I got to find a different galley :( that will work in

I have found this reference

We recommend that all assemblies registered in SQL Server, except those assemblies added to the global assembly cache, be marked with the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers attribute so that assemblies loaded by SQL Server can access each other.

but it doesn't help much as I don't really see how I can implement it?

• Geoff Baldwin 80 posts 100 karma points
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 13:22
    Geoff Baldwin

OOOOPS!   This isn't an Umbraco site ------- sorry all! Thought I had converted it but it is a straight asp.net site :(

But if anyone has any ideas anyway :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft